LOCALB TV and Channels

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to see what options we have for adding LocalBTV to channels.
I was thinking of going with the approach used with Friendly TV.
I love the channels interface and want to have all content sources in the system.

1 Like

Hi there,
Not finding the m3u link I need for channels.

Edit: fixed link.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iptv-org/iptv/master/streams/us_localbtv.m3u

1 Like

Not found

Change the word “channels” in that URL to “streams”

2 Likes

Hi there,
I just wanted to update Everyone and let you know it works.
We are looking forward to seeing an update on where it will be easier in the future to set up.
I have the link working along with the epg that provides the program guide.
looking forward to seeing thing move forward.
Thanks for the great work.

1 Like

I got the link working as well. Where did you find the EPG?

https://iptv-org.github.io/epg/guides/us/tvtv.us.epg.xml

1 Like

Thank you!

Always open to west coast feeds of Cozi and if possible The feed for metv+ Channel 6.1 los angeles.

how exactly would you like it to be easier than just adding a custom channels link?

I tried using this epg but it doesn't appear to be working.

Hi Randy,
The following link will help with getting things up and operating.
Localbtv thread
I'm hoping that channels will eventually intigrate directly with the service.

Hi there,
I'm trying to create a simple m3u playlist for my channels setup.
I have the more than 8 but channels only chows 8 channels in the playlists.
What am I doing wrong?
Your help is appreciated.

Got everything going.
Everything is working great.

I just discovered LocalBTV...I am reading this entire thread and the process to get this setup seems very very technical. Is there a layman's step by step or should I just wait and see if Channels updates to include BTV as a source? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Scott

What they're talking about is using the Custom Channels Source feature to add an M3U source to Channels DVR as described here.

If that's too technical for you, then you should wait for LocalBTV to be integrated into Channels DVR (which may never happen).

I have watched a ton of videos since the last reply. I have installed the Docker on my MAC. I test created a docker container....I have copied and pasted the setup path (or whatever you call that) and pasted it into the command prompt and added my email address and password. Once I hit enter I get a "dquote>". Does anyone know what this means or why I got this? I don't see this in the instructions anywhere...I am trying to hard to do this. lol.

Hey Yall - I created my first custom Channel for LocalBTV! I copied the test of the m3u file listed above...I copied the link for the epg.xml file but I don't seem to be getting any guide information. Am I doing something incorrectly? ANy help is mucho apprecioto. Thanks.