Long load time

Recently (the past 5 or so days) I've noticed the time it takes to load the Channels Server admin page takes a long time. If I restart my machine, it loads quick like usual, but then a few hours later load time increases slowly.

It looks like the call to "system" is the culprit, but it appears this just gathers info about my machine, and idea why it would be taking so long? I can provide the response for this request, if needed:

It also looks like "subscribe" takes a long time, but this may just be fired after the page loads, as it doesn't seem to stop the page from loading at all:

Please go to Support -> Troubleshooting -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from the web interface of the DVR and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

1 Like

Logs have been submitted as 2c1b6aec-6549-4989-bcac-f1ec816f410a .

Thanks!

1 Like

Please open two browser windows.

In the first one, open: http://localhost:8089/debug/profiler?duration=20
In the second one, within 10 seconds of opening the first one, open: http://localhost:8089/

After 20 seconds you'll get a file downloaded from the first window. Please email that to [email protected] and we'll see what's going on.

Thanks! I have done that and sent the file through.

It is not taking AS long this morning, but still slower than it was previously

1 Like

I will tell you of my very similar experience, most likely nothing to do with your issue but worth posting.
I am running CDVR on Win 11, DVR drive is an external WD 1 terabyte, using default Client buffer aprx 5 min.
I mostly use Firefox browser.
When going to the admin page,using Firefox, sometimes it was very slow to load.
ALL things on Firefox were very slow to load, Gmail, etc. everything.
If I restarted Win 11, stopped and started CDVR for a clean start, all was fine... until it happened again.
I finally discovered what I think is the cause:
IF my wife had left her ONN client running a channel, and had it paused,
then just turned the TV off without pressing HOME or going back to the Guide,
THEN the Slow to load ALL things Firefox issue occurred.
If I went into the admin page (slow to load) STATUS, looked at Disk, Activity it showed
Activity Watching ch6102 FOOD from bath etc, my wife had been gone for hours.... Ahhh-Haaa!
If I went to wife's client, turned on the TV, it went straight to a CDVR channel screen,
it showed her channel frozen with about a 5 minute or so timeline buffer, but not seeming to be running.
Stopping that channel going to the Guide, then HOME and BINGO, all things Firefox were loading normally.
I'm not sure why this had such an influence on Firefox but I'm fairly confident this is the cause
Having a channel paused for an extended period, maybe hours.
Other browsers were not having a Slow to load issue, using Chrome to go to admin page etc was fast as usual.

@mikeh14 Thanks! I was able to see what it is that is causing the delay. I'll look into how we can speed this up.

2 Likes

@mikeh14 Please try the v2024.01.03.2116 pre-release and let me know if it's better.

3 Likes

SO much better! It's lightning fast now. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting it and helping track down the issue.