Manage/Merge duplicates in Local Content

My Local Content setup might be a bit unique, so I'll describe it:
I have a local storage location where Plex pulls data in, and I've pushed that into the Local Content import to Channels DVR. I also have this location copied to a long-term archive location nightly, so that I can prune out shows which aren't regularly watched from my local storage. So, I have duplicate shows hanging out in both locations. I can stream from the long term archive location, but that connection is metered and so I want to prefer data in the local location.
Plex is able to merge these entries in its database, but when I add the long term archive location to Channels DVR, it appears as an extra entry under "My Shows."
I'd like to have it listed as a single entry, and perhaps define an order of preference for local content locations (much like we can specify preferred order for tuners).
At the very least, it would be nice to manage the entries somehow. Right now, when trying to view details, I get a "FileID" number, but I don't have any visibility as to which entry is in which location.

Merging is planned but is not in there yet. As for identifying the files, I agree. I'll get the source path in there so you can have a better idea of which files is which.

2 Likes

In the latest pre-release, the full source path is now showing for imports.