Mark commercials verified?

Does anyone know a way to mark shows without commercials detected as verified? I'm on the latest pre-release, and I am trying to accomplish this through the WebUI. It seems as if a show doesn't detect commercials, you just don't get the edit button, but this really makes the verified/unverified filter ineffective in DVR>Manage.

FWIW, these same shows don't show the Edit Commercials in the iOS app either.

1 Like

I asked a couple times before and nothing came of it.
So I created a work around using command line curl and put it in a windows command file.
All you need is the FileID of the recording.

For recordings I want to keep, I remove ads using my video editor and overwrrite the recorded file with that, then run the windows script to remove commercial markers from Channels (which marks it Verified), refresh the metadata to pickup the new ad-less duration and regenerate the video index.

In your case, you only need to run the first curl command in the script to mark it as Verified, no commercials;
curl -XPOST "http://192.168.1.4:8189/dvr/files/%_FILEID%/comskip/edit?source=local" --data-raw "[]"

On the web UI, you should have the option "Redetect Commercials" at the bottom of the list. If you do this first, you should have the "Edit Commercials" option in the menu after that.

Good point.
I guess we should have asked "Does the show actually have commercials" and they just weren't detected?

I assumed they were ad free based on this post

1 Like

Very good point, and I know better not to include that information. These shows don't actually have commercials, and I have tried playing with the comskip.ini to try to get it to detect even scene changes, but that didn't help either.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for this info!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.