Meta-Metadata tweaking

Go to your stirr source and refresh xmltv data.

It will only affect new recordings

Sure, only new recordings, OK.
But under current conditions (so hit Redownload XMLTV and waited a few minutes), if I go to the Stirr Movies channel all the language still have the system interpreting everything as a TV show.

To be more specific (this is just one way to do things, to be specific):
Go to the Channels DVR web page, choose Live TV tab/menu, and Choose Guide.
Go to the Stirr Movies listing (on my setup that's Channel 9356, I don't know if that's what everyone sees).
Then
(a) tap on the Stirr TV logo so you get a page for the channel. The page refers to Upcoming Shows, no movies presented. Alternatively
(b) tap on one of the movies. You'll get a page that offers to record the "show", with options like New Series Pass.

I'll try again tomorrow if this is just some sort of bad caching.
If people are really convinced this now supposed to work, I can even reboot the machine and see if that clears out some stale cache.

It doesn't look like nocords.xyz is running the latest code. Or it has some caching as well. It works via the docker.

1 Like

It should be running now, I neglected to restart the daemon. Still might be cached for a little while.

1 Like

Woohoo. We have success!
OK, I'll let you know if there are any significant channels I notice that slipped through this heuristic.

So if people want to follow up on this here's what I am now seeing:

(a) Stirr Movies works. Sort of...
On the plus side, movies are correctly categorized as movies, not TV shows. But that's all that works :frowning:
I appreciate that Channels is, to some extent, hostage to the limitations of the EPG. But is it not possible to perform a name lookup against IMDB or Gracenote or whatever and grab a poster+year in the cases where there is a single unique hit?
Alternatively, in the web interface, where no metadata is available, the EPG title for the movie is given, which is useful. But on iPad/iPhone, all that's shown is a generic "channels DVR movie" image, so you see 6 of these identical images with no text. Not helpful!
Can we at least overlay text on them, or somehow generate an image (or just text with no image) that's actually useful? I can submit a picture if you want, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
(I'm thinking of the image we see in cases like when we look at "Movies playing today" or click on a channel name to see "What's this channel showing".

(b) Stirr Movies appears to be the only channel that was correctly updated. Channels that were not include
Stirr:
Cinehouse
Cinelife

Samsung TV+:

CINEVAULT:* (Classics, 80s, Westerns)
Midnight Pulp
All Action
Filmrise Action
The Movie Hub
Free Movies
MovieSphere