Mini Marathon Randomized Sorting

Maybe I missed something, but the Virtual Channels mini marathons do not appear to have the ability to be arranged randomly. Is there any way to arrange mini marathons so it is a random show and random starting point but then going in order for the 3 show marathon. I am sure I am not explaining this well, so here is an example:

Columbo S03E03, Columbo S03E04, Columbo S03E05,
Bewitched S02E10, Bewitched S02E11, Bewitched S02E12,
Friends S09E07, Friends S09E08, Friends S09E09.

Is there a way to do this or am I inadvertently making a feature request.?

1 Like

You want the shows shifted from each other basically? I think that's a reasonable way for Mini Marathon to work, but I will have to think about how to actually do that.

1 Like

I've added this, and also made it so copies of a Mini Marathon channel are randomized.

This means you can create a channel like "Cartoons 1" with Mini Marathon mode, then click duplicate five times to end up with five different channels that are playing the same content but in different show orders and with different start places per show.

This is a pretty good way of doing it. Though my thought process was random within the same channel. So that the each shows mini marathon was random from the previous mini marathon for that show. For example:

Columbo S04E03, Columbo S04E04, Columbo S04E05, Bewitched S02E10, Bewitched S02E11, Bewitched S02E12, Friends S09E07, Friends S09E08, Friends S09E09, Columbo S01E08, Columbo S01E09, Columbo S01E10

Sort: Mini Marathon, Order: Random

I guess that may be what the duplicate mechanism is for. For people who do not mind multiple channels as it appears random while still maintaining a sequential progression. Though I am not sure how important it is that sequential progress is maintained from mini marathon to next marathon for a given show, seeing as it is likely that by the next time the viewer watches that channel again several marathons for that show may have passed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.