Missing audio on ch6000 (NBC)

For some reason I've lost all audio on CH 6000 which is NBC for me from YouTubeTV. The audio is missing only on this one channel and every other channel has audio. I can use the YTTV app and get normal audio on NBC. This occurs on the Web player and AppleTV. I'm running prerelease versions. DVR is running on Synology. I tried rescanning CH6000.

DVR: 2021.11.04.2025
AppleTV: 11.5.1634

I'm not seeing anything abnormal in the logs.

2021/11/05 20:19:57.879870 [TNR] Opened connection to TVE-YouTubeTV for ch6000 KING

--Chris

If you log into the nbc web site with your YTTV credentials and stream the channel live do you hear sound?

No audio on the NBC.COM web site yet all other channels on the site work fine. I sent a problem report to NBC about this. Not a Channels issue.

2 Likes

I've been having a bunch of issues like this originating from NBC over the past several weeks (i.e., image frozen for days). I've switched my channel preference to the OTA for the time being until maybe it calms down a bit and Comcast figures out technology.

It seems to have been fixed. I'm currently receiving audio, both through Channels and directly on nbc.com/live.

Glad it works for you. Sadly it is not working for me. :confused:

Well NBC audio just started working for me. Based on the review of my NBC recording, the audio came back sometime between noon and 5pm PT on Nov-11. NBC finally got their act together. Now I won't have to use the YTTV app and can do everything in Channels.

1 Like

They were tweaking their TVE streams recently and just this week they upgraded to full HD (720p -> 1080p) and increased the bit rate (5.8mbps -> 8.2mbps).