Missing guide data on some channels

Who should we contact about missing guide data on some channels?

Which channels? What provider did you select for your hdhomerun?

i see this sometimes. most of the time, some channels in my Showtime subscription is missing guide data.

I installed the dvr beta yesterday and, although it took time, the guide populated for all my (favorites) channels. This morning, several channels are missing the guide data, either completely or in blocks. These include TCM and HDNet Movies, which were never a problem before. I have Verizon Fios in the Washington DC area. it also seems inconsistent from ATV to ATV, with some showing no data at all and another showing some data (blocks of it, not consistent) after a large gap.

Separately, I noticed there is no longer a setting for submitting the diagnostic logs (maybe that was only in the beta test of Channels itself).

As of late this morning, it seems to have rectified itself.

What does it say under your hdhomerun on the web UI as the lineup setting? Can you provide some channel numbers for missing data.

USA-VA65087-X

TCM is channel 230 and it has completely disappeared from the web UI guide
HDNet Movies is channel 746 and it also has disappeared.

FWIW, I still can watch those channels on the ATV.

You can try forcing a guide download as noted in Reloading guide data, or wait for the next refresh at 5am.

I did try that and together with the new release that day it brought the channels back to the guide, but it still is acting a bit strange. Every time I open the app, even if it is a few seconds after hitting the home button, the guide is back to the few hours SD always provided. It very slowly fills in additional data, and even 10 or 15 minutes later the guide is not fully populated. Sometimes blocks are missing but mostly the out days remain blank. Also when I look at tomorrow, channel 1769, TVJapan is missing entirely, although it shows for tonight.

both the MacBook pro running the dvr and the atvs are wired to the router.

Does the guide data look right in the DVR web UI, or is it missing there too?

TVJapan was missing in the web UI when I look at tomorrow, the channel wasn’t shown on the list. but it seems to have resolved itself now on the web UI but still the long lag in populating the guide in the ATV app.

Well, I am still getting intermittent gaps in the guide data on some channels, particularly TVJapan. I have EyeTV set up as well and the data shows in that guide but not in channels. The gap is in the web ui as well as on the ATV, so no recording takes place when the data is missing.

A couple a questions around missing guide data for some channels. I have an OTA setup and live near Buffalo NY, close enough to Canada to get many Canadian stations. Currently my iOS Channels app shows guide data for all stations while my TVOS Channels app and DVR server are missing guide data for a few stations: 19.1, 25.1, 36.1, 41.1, 41.2 and 57.1 (these may be Canadian stations).

Question #1 - Why does iOS app have guide data while TVOS and DVR does not? FYI TVOS and DVR are using EPG from SiliconDust. Don’t think I can select guide provider for iOS but I thought it was using 4 hour SiliconDust data.

Question #2 - There is a difference between the grid display on TVOS Channels vs Web UI for stations with missing data. The Channels app displays the missing stations so you can still tune to them for live TV where the web ui doesn’t display stations with missing guide data at all. Therefore I can’t select those stations using the web ui. Can the web ui display stations without guide data?

Question #3 - Anything I can do to add the stations that are missing to TVOS, DVR guide data?

Think that’s all for now. Thanks

Guide data on iOS comes from SD. They maintain their own database of channel mappings, and have better coverage than gracenote does directly. We are working on a way to import their mappings and to let you configure your own in the DVR.

This is one of the major issues remaining with the DVR, and something I plan to focus on over the next two weeks.

Thanks for the response. Let me know if I can assist with testing.

@henri Please upgrade to the latest version from today and let me know if you see missing data for TVJapan again.

Thanks, that seems to have resolved the problem for now. I’ll let you know if it happens again.

Can you post the names of these channels from the HDHR lineup?