Missing guide data -OTA Story Television -2 guides at once?

I'm in the Cleveland, OH area and we recently got Story Television on OTA 35.1. I had great reception and the guide worked perfectly for several weeks. Then the station went down for several weeks. I called them in Chicago and confirmed per engineering department, they were in fact down and doing antenna maintenance. At some point during that time, while I was still able to retain channel 35.1 on my HDHomerun, the guide data somehow changed to show the 'Decades' channel. Also, when I try to edit this, I see 'Story' is no longer available in the guide. About 2 weeks ago, the station is broadcasting again, but the 'Story' guide data is still not available so I'm not able to modify and select it (still shows 'Decades'). So I had a thought to add a second area guide data in my time zone which does have Story. I was able to add a Cincinnati zip code as a second guide and was able to select Story for 35.1. However, I'm not sure if this is really a possibility, because it disappears and can't seem to save it. Is it possible to have two guides loaded at once like I tried? Is there anything that can be done until the guide gets updated? I'm thinking that Story may not be 'officially' broadcasting again yet (even though I am getting signal) and maybe that is why the guide is not updated yet. Any help? Thanks

You can report the issue to Silicon Dust if it's wrong in their HDHR app.
You can also report it to zap2it.com at Zap2it Feedback since it shows
on their website for 35.1 WOCVCD.
Both would end up reporting it to Gracenote who supplies the guide data.

I reported it as suggested. We'll see. Thanks for your input.

That just lets you select a station from another zipcode to map the guide data to. You don't actually have two guides loaded, that's why the Cinci zipcode disappeared after you used it.

Well, I tried to map the correct guide data doing that, but it did not 'stick', reverted to 'Decades'; unless I was doing something wrong.

Odd, I tried it again and it worked! It retained the Story station guide. I'm fetching guide updates now.

1 Like

Well, this is interesting, after the guide update, the live tv guide in my browser was updated; however, I needed to unplug my Apple TV to get the guide updates there. So, it appears the 'trick' to use guide data from a different location has worked.

Unplug? I’m sure a force-quit of the Channels app and a relaunch would have solved it too: (You can get to the App Switcher by double tapping the TV/Home button. Swipe up on the apps you want to quit.)

Also just FYI if you really truly do need to restart the device it would be better to do it from settings > system > restart, or even use the Siri remote shortcut for restarting. Press and hold both the Back and TV buttons for a coupon of seconds, until the Apple TV status light blinks quickly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.