MLB.TV for Channels

good idea, and done. will be in next release.

Nice!! Thank you.

How do you upgrade from current release to new release? I think I had to pick a particular version when I installed in my Docker for Synology

on a Synology I have no clue, I'd have to defer to those who have one and use it. with standard docker or docker compose it's easy, just change the image tag for your container.

new build won't be coming tonight unfortunately, just caught an issue with the end of the big inning stream for the night. need to test again one more time tomorrow before putting it out.

I've noticed both of these annoyances as well. I'm used to comskip not working very well, but it sure would be nice if we could get Channels to properly recognize these recordings as Sports, so that the proper seek durations would be used.

Is there something that needs to be done in channels-baseball to properly tag these recordings as Sports? Or is this a problem on the Channels side?

i'm already tagging all of the games as sports and baseball in the guide.

Ok, thanks for confirming. Hopefully one of the Channels devs will chime in as to why the wrong seek durations are being used. If not, I will email support about it.

Interesting enough, I just checked on my shield tv and channels recognizes and uses sports seek duration settings on recordings and live. A live broadcast on iPhone uses sports seek duration and normal for recordings. Definitely a bug in iPhone app on recordings. Anyone care to check a recording on an Apple TV? @maddox

My sports collection in my guide on ATV shows them as sports.

On iPhone, in on later, sports section, preferred baseball, they show up. So for guide purposes the sports tag is working but in playback seek duration settings it uses normal not sports. If you have an mlb recording can you check by changing to 3 sec on the ATV and normal to 30. Then skip to to see what it’s really using

Slightly off topic here - But is it possible to drop the version number when updating? Instead of "docker pull matty8199/channels-baseball:1.7.0" this "docker pull matty8199/channels-baseball" which if I am not mistaken defaults to "latest".
Just something I wondered when I updated to the current version.
Thanks

as of now, no, I don't have latest set up...I will see if I can make that work though on future builds, I know others have asked for it as well.

1 Like

just pushed 1.8.0 AND latest.

i'll try to remember to keep latest updated for those who prefer to use it, but i would still recommend using the version number tagged images instead (makes it easier to troubleshoot if anything goes wrong, can easily tell exactly what version you're on).

anyway, new version has the minor guide tweak talked about above (putting the game time ahead of the team names on the upcoming block), and also i've changed it to only use one upcoming block per day rather than six hour blocks leading up to first pitch.

also, big inning is back and also includes a schedule and guide blocks (which weren't there last year).

That latest tag messed up your available updates code in the DefaultController.php file on line 21

ETA: That's preventing all new installations from working

this is why i didn't want to do a latest tag to begin with...lol

just install 1.8.0 for now. i'm taking the latest tag down. either one should still work as far as the epg and m3u goes, it's just the page that shows available updates that is broken.

edit: actually, nevermind. 1.8.1 is up now and fixes this.

keep in mind now, anything prior to 1.8.1 is going to be broken as far as the main page that shows version, epg link and m3u link goes.

I use Channels on iOS and Apple TV, and see the seek duration problem on both. This is on recordings as I rarely watch live.

Anyone getting this error page when you load up the ip:8080 page?

Edit: updating to 181 fix it

thanks for this

@crackers8199 hey man, is there a way to change the order of big inning? ideally, i would like it as the first entry before any team. no biggie if it cant. thanks.

as of now no, but i should be able to put that in the next release.

1 Like