MLB.TV for Channels

Finally got around to upgrading to 1.7.0 and the buffering issues are non existent and the stream pops up virtually immediately now. Nice work!

i've even got some additional buffering tweaks that will go out in the next release that should make loading games initially even a bit faster (at least it has for me, knock on wood).

@maddox Would it be possible to add a 2 minute option to playback seek duration under normal? These games don’t work at all with comskip. The inning changes are 2min each time every time. Channels uses normal not sports settings for whatever reason.

might have big inning ready later this weekend. need to test it tomorrow.

random question: is everyone happy with the way the guide works now (specifically the "upcoming" and "live" blocks)? or would we prefer an "off-air" message most of the day followed by a single upcoming block an hour or two before each game and the live block during the game?

i've been playing around with this while working on big inning, and i'm torn on how to best handle it for live games...i kind of like the way i have it set up now, but sometimes it feels cluttered...

My vote would be to keep upcoming like it is but list the time of the game before teams. Like
UPCOMING: 3:00pm Kansas City Royals @ Seattle Mariners. If that’s even possible, if not no biggie. In the iPhone app the guide gets cut off before the time of the game due to the length of the team names and scrolling right doesn’t change the view of the description. Obviously tapping on the block gives the info and time of game and it’s only really an issue on mobile devices.

3 Likes

5 Likes

good idea, and done. will be in next release.

Nice!! Thank you.

How do you upgrade from current release to new release? I think I had to pick a particular version when I installed in my Docker for Synology

on a Synology I have no clue, I'd have to defer to those who have one and use it. with standard docker or docker compose it's easy, just change the image tag for your container.

new build won't be coming tonight unfortunately, just caught an issue with the end of the big inning stream for the night. need to test again one more time tomorrow before putting it out.

I've noticed both of these annoyances as well. I'm used to comskip not working very well, but it sure would be nice if we could get Channels to properly recognize these recordings as Sports, so that the proper seek durations would be used.

Is there something that needs to be done in channels-baseball to properly tag these recordings as Sports? Or is this a problem on the Channels side?

i'm already tagging all of the games as sports and baseball in the guide.

Ok, thanks for confirming. Hopefully one of the Channels devs will chime in as to why the wrong seek durations are being used. If not, I will email support about it.

Interesting enough, I just checked on my shield tv and channels recognizes and uses sports seek duration settings on recordings and live. A live broadcast on iPhone uses sports seek duration and normal for recordings. Definitely a bug in iPhone app on recordings. Anyone care to check a recording on an Apple TV? @maddox

My sports collection in my guide on ATV shows them as sports.

On iPhone, in on later, sports section, preferred baseball, they show up. So for guide purposes the sports tag is working but in playback seek duration settings it uses normal not sports. If you have an mlb recording can you check by changing to 3 sec on the ATV and normal to 30. Then skip to to see what it’s really using

Slightly off topic here - But is it possible to drop the version number when updating? Instead of "docker pull matty8199/channels-baseball:1.7.0" this "docker pull matty8199/channels-baseball" which if I am not mistaken defaults to "latest".
Just something I wondered when I updated to the current version.
Thanks

as of now, no, I don't have latest set up...I will see if I can make that work though on future builds, I know others have asked for it as well.

1 Like