MLB.TV for Channels

Hi. I'm trying this wonderful sounding feature for the first time. I already have something running on port 8080 so I'm using -p 8088:8080 and :8088 with APP_URL. Unfortunately, all queries to /m3u and /epg times out with 504 Gateway Time-out. Does anyone have an idea of what might be going wrong? Oh, I forgot to add this happens with both version 1.8.1 and 1.7.0 of the docker image.

I had to keep the app_url as 8080 for it to work for me. I have this is my docker-compose

environment:
- APP_URL='http://[ip-address]:8080'
ports:
- 8088:8080

This seems to do the trick at least for me...

No change. It's still timing out. Here is the log:

2022/04/29 20:07:49 [error] 10#10: *5 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed o
ut) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.2, server: _,
request: "GET /m3u HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.
168.1.2:8080"
192.168.1.2 - - [29/Apr/2022:20:07:49 +0000] "GET /m3u HTTP/1.1" 504 167 "-" "cu
rl/7.82.0" "-" 60.020 60.021 . -

I found the problem -- docker and my existing, nftables rules aren't getting along. I don't know how to fix it yet, though.

Got that solved too. Now it's time for baseball!

1 Like

So your CDVR server is running on port 8088?

Try changing this to 8087:8080

@kanipek, I eventually got it working. The main problem, besides my inexperience with docker, was my nftables firewall. docker didn't like my default, chain names and so didn't hook in correctly. Once I changed my chain names to what docker was expecting, it all worked fine.

1 Like

release coming (probably tomorrow) with this as a configurable option. will be able to just add MLB as a team name in your team order env variable wherever you want the feed to be in your order.

also, adding sports event category @Rice

2 Likes

just pushed 1.8.2. includes the sports event category for live and overflow blocks.

also makes big inning configurable...if you want the big inning feed, starting in 1.8.2, you'll need to add MLB in your team order somewhere (wherever you want it to show amongst your channels). if you don't add MLB to your team list, the big inning feed won't show up.

you'll need to tell channels to reload the M3U after installing 1.8.2, since the address of the big inning playlist will change.

2 Likes

@tjkraz

i've got a fix coming for this too. will be in 1.8.3, either later today or perhaps tomorrow.

edit: just pushed 1.8.3 which has this guide fix. reminder: on your first install of anything newer than 1.8.2, you'll need to tell channels to reload the m3u after install.

1 Like

Installed and working (after a brief hiccup with a "smart quote" in my team order.) Thanks for your continued work on this. It's excellent!

Any way to update the docker to the newest version of your MLB.tv without having to do the entire procedure from scratch?

I believe that is the nature of the docker beast. You cna use portianer which mackes it much easier. You only have to hit duplicate and it will pull the latest image and keep all of the settings.

I am getting this message; how do I correct it I am running 1.8.3

LIVE: Minnesota Twins (13-9) @ Baltimore Orioles (8-14), First Pitch: 5/2/2022 | 4:05 pm, Venue: Oriole Park at Camden Yards, AWAY Feed: BSNOX

Reconnecting...

this is why i strongly recommend using docker-compose. when i update to the newest version, literally all i have to do is update the docker-compose.yml file to the new version number and run one command:

docker-compose pull && docker-compose up -d

if you're using the new :latest tag (which i still hate but i get why people wanted it, it's much easier) you literally don't even have to update the docker-compose.yml file. all you have to do is run the pull & up command and you're done.

as @slampman mentioned, portainer is another option but requires another container and setup...with docker-compose there's literally nothing else needed.

1 Like

what message?

Have you made any progress regarding the handling of double headers when recording? What do you recommend i try so both games of today's Mets game can be recorded?

1 Like

not yet. there's not really a good answer yet...recording doubleheaders is going to be an issue until i figure out a good way to handle them (which unfortunately i haven't yet).

the only suggestion i would have would be to keep an eye on the first game and stop the recording once it's over, but that kinda defeats the purpose of recording a game if you know what the outcome of game 1 is before watching it...what you could do (and this sucks, but it would work) is set up a second manual recording for the braves channel starting around the time the second game should start. that'll at least get you both games recorded, albeit without GKR for game 2.

1 Like

Playback Failed -17

what do the channels logs or baseball docker logs say?

can you send the results of this command in a PM?

docker exec -it channels-baseball less /var/www/html/storage/logs/laravel.log
1 Like

I'd also be interested in forking the code if it made its way to Github.