MLB.TV for Channels

Hi there,
Thanks for all the hard work. The games are playing nicely so far. Waiting to see what happens when the season gets underway.
If all else fails, i have the app on the device.
Dodger and Angel games along with the Padre games have been playing great.

For the record from my original post. The game showed as live (and was live at the time) but reported the not live error as well as displayed the "stream is off air" error. This occurred for all but one game even though the games were live at the time.

Either way, great app, take your time! Thanks for all your hard work

This wouldnt solve my issue but I will absolutely use this to weed out the game. Thanks!

Yeah same here

anyone else getting not entitled for all games?

So far today in limited testing - switching between games I am seeing no issues.

ugh, i guess it's my account then. maybe my t-mo sub didn't take yet.

edit: not my account. i can watch on the web.

i guess i've got some digging to do, but i don't have time to mess with it right now. if anyone else sees any issues today, please let me know.

Iā€™m not seeing any issues with t-mo credentials. Both gameā€™s playing fine for me.

1 Like

very strange. the server i have set up to run the production container from last year is giving me not entitled on every game, but the dev server i use to actually do work on the container is working fine. like i said, i have some digging to do...glad it's working for everyone else though.

edit: nevermind, got it sorted. i changed my password and it was still using the old one.

so, pro tip: if you have entitlement issues, make sure you clear the container and start over. just rebuilding it may not be enough if you have volumes attached that are being used as the storage where the credentials are kept (storage_app in the docker command).

3 Likes

Things are working great over here so far

1 Like

Things are working great here.
Watching the Yankees-Giants game. Looking forward to watching the Sand Diego Padres game tonight.

1 Like

Cool, got this working today for the first time after signing up for the T-Mobile Tuesdays deal.....great info.

4 Likes

Anyone else getting Stream not available for games that are on? The Yankees game worked fine earlier. Curiously the MLB Big Inning channel works fine still.

1 Like

which games? i haven't had any issues except for one server hiccup where the stream of the mets game crashed for a few minutes, but it has been solid otherwise.

Like nothing on live (which work in the MLB app). Toronto at the moment for example.

all games that are currently active load fine for me. i just checked all five of them.

big inning, however, did not...

edit: which makes sense, since it ended at 3:30 and i checked it just after that.

Ugh. What did I mess up changing my timezone in my compose.yml. I scrapped the container and deleted the m3u from channels and started over, everything added fine and I can browse to the epg and m3u. Channels are there, but... stream not available. I didn't touch my credentials and I believe Channels wouldn't let me add the m3u if they were bad anyway. I can't possibly be blacked out for all these games if they work on the app.

Edit: What are the potential issues that would cause Stream not available for everything BUT Big Inning, which now says that as well since it's off? I'm out of ideas.

Double Edit: Had to delete the volume entirely and start over, and now it works.

For anyone looking to get this running on ARM, you can use binfmt to emulate amd64.

I have channels-baseball running on a raspberry pi 4, though performance is noticeably slower than running the container natively. It takes 6-8 seconds for the video to start playing once clicked, which I find acceptable.

Run the following to spin up the binfmt container:
docker run --privileged --rm tonistiigi/binfmt --install amd64

Then, run your channels-baseball docker script.

3 Likes

This is a great tip, thanks for sharing. But, it's not working that way for me. Anyone else?

I'm able to manually select my home team for inclusion, but the "automatic channels" filtering you have below that, doesn't work for me at all. I'll simply choose "Baseball" as the genre and my MLB channels won't auto-populate. There are games playing now and none are showing up. I've followed your screenshot, substituting the sources to exclude with my own, and the relevant, live, MLB channels still won't autopopulate. The channels I've added via this MLB.tv docker start at 30000.1 and end at 30030.1. I've tried other keywords that do work, but trying to get any of my Channel Collections to recognize my (otherwise working fine) MLB channels for this particular collection, would be appreciated. What am I missing?

No baseball in keyword
Choose genres = baseball
Sources to exclude = all but mlb m3u
Enter key words = blank or I have ā€œliveā€ but you donā€™t need live

Content type = sports

Checkmark new and live