MLB.TV for Channels

Hi there,
I'm a huge fan of T-mobile and all the possibilities of getting thanked.
I'm happy to hear that my sporting needs are covered.

Having now compared both, I couldn't determine a clear benefit. It says "OFF AIR" whenever there was no game. It also distinctly labels pre-shows. But the rest of the formatting didn't seem as nice to me as the docker's XML. I also could not get "automatic channels" to detect them when I was using Fubo's guide data, per Rice's tip above. Maybe I missed something, but I tried various tweaks but couldn't get it working. So I switched back to the original XML.

1 Like

I have a second remote server I feed the mlb docker into. I have never been able to get the team logo’s to show up in the guide on that server. It’s mentioned somewhere in this thread about the logo URL’s being http:// and not https://. Anyway through making a custom text based source and changing the channel number and assigning these new guide data’s, I have finally been able to get custom logos.

Personally I like the docker data setup better because it tells you what time the game is going to start when you are on the current time line. The fubo just says sign off. So my home server will use docker and remote will be using fubo. The art as well doesn’t exist for a recording with the remote server on docker data but it does have nice art like the old, now drmd fox sports regionals with the fubo data.

As far as custom automatic collection goes I haven’t verified because there aren’t any games yet but I believe the key is using baseball, sports, and just the live checkmark. New breaks the pass so I assume new checkmark would break the auto channels. EDIT: this setup for automatic collections is working for me on the fubo data.

Vs.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info.

another thing to think about with the guide data from the container vs the fubo data: i'm not sure how often fubo updates on postponed games, but the guide data in the container comes directly from MLB and they update literally instantly when a game is postponed. i've checked it - the response from the API is updated immediately as soon as a team announces a postponement.

for example, if you have it set to update every 1 hour (like i do), then every time it updates if there are games that have been postponed within that hour since last update, it'll update the guide to reflect that. it won't actually say PPD in the guide, but it'll say that there's no active game for that day (and update the following day for a DH or rescheduled game, whatever it may be).

if there's interest, i'll see if i can work something up to indicate that there was a game but it was PPD rather than just changing to "no game available" like it does now.

Great news indeed! I will also add, that I wasn't even much of baseball fan, before I had this docker installed. Rarely if ever watched a game. But I integrated MLB at Bat free from TMO last year with Channels DVR, as a learning experience. I ended up picking up games to leave on in the background, as I worked. Then I started to get into the sport more. This year I've been watching a game or two every day. I just made sure to pick out-of-town teams to follow and cheer for :). But yeah, this great docker helped turn me into a baseball fan.

2 Likes

Is Big Inning working for anyone else? I am getting a 404 error when trying to play it. All of the other active streams are working.

It’s streaming for me right now, yes.

How can I find the call sign or station id for Seattle Mariners?

station number="443" subnumber="0" callsign="FUBSEA" name="MLB - Seattle Mariners" alternate="">136228</station

from the post above:

Sorry, I meant Minnesota, I got confused because Seattle was the only one I was missing data for but that was a typo on my part when creating the custom M3U.

Minnesota is "136221" in case anyone needs it, pretty simple to guess based on the sequence.

Hey there. This looks awesome.

Got it set up this morning and looking forward to see how it does with a couple of games I'm now recording in channels today.

I saw a couple comments in the thread about comskip not working well. They seem to be from a while back, but was curious if there are any recent reports on how channels is doing with those breaks this year?

I guess I'll know myself here later tonight too :slight_smile:

Thanks for this add on!

Well to answer my own question - it looks comskip doesn't work with this at all. I don't think it's the plugin, I think comskip needs to be configured to treat the slate as something worth skipping. Sort of odd that it doesn't. I see something that indicates it sees it, but it doesn't mark/cut it.

@crackers8199 any chance you can poke around the api to see if there is a gameday stream you can extract? mlb.tv just added gameday and its awesome. praying that its a feed instead of the app doing it.

LGM.

1 Like

Almost certainly not part of the video. You can check easily yourself, if you right click on the video and right click on other parts of the screen does it show the same menu or different menus

Is it the same as selecting the Gameday link here MLB Scores: Real-time baseball scores and highlights | MLB.com
Example MLB live updates: Angels at Red Sox game on 04/17/2023 free with MLB Gameday | MLB.com

Forgive the noob question, but I am having a new problem installing the container. I did not have this problem in the past.

When I enter all the parameters to install the docker, I receive the prompt "quote>".

What am I doing wrong?

TYIA for any help you can provide.

1 Like

after TEAM_ORDER= there is a smart quote instead of a regular quote

Thank you!

a few kind users have asked me via PM in the past few weeks if there's a way to make a donation or buy me a beer/coffee, so i put my venmo in the original post. it's appreciated though certainly not required, but venmo: @crackers8199 if anyone is so inclined.

more on topic: i've still been slammed with deadlines for my day job and haven't really had a chance to make any major improvements recently. i hope things are still working well for everyone, as they are for me...but please do post any issues here or let me know about them so i can try to knock them out once i finally get a chance to do so.

6 Likes