MLB.TV for Channels

Looks like they are blacking out the dodgers here in Socal.
I pulled up a game that is out of area and all works.

1 Like

Are you talking about eplustv though? If so, I think you are confusing the issue since the rest of us are using the matty8199 channels container.

1 Like

Yeah I tried the mlb app on AppleTV and had the same issue. Thought it was a blackout issue but I tried all out of market games and had the same result.

I’m getting the LA Angels free game of the day but all the others I get “not entitled to this game”. I get MLB through the T-Mobile deal. I guess last years subscription has expired. If you’re getting it from T-Mobile that’s probably what’s going on.

@crackers8199 are you still updating this?

Same here, some games show up, some come up as currently off air.
Using the MLB app you can see the games, but it's not working through the mlb for channels for some reason. I tested channel per channel because I thought maybe the channels were just not labeled correctly but that was not the case. Something is definitely wrong with the mlb for channels.

in my experience, The spring training games tend not to work properly.
so far the Espnplustv version of the MLB stuff is working great.
I can't watch the dodgers because I'm in the market.
The games are blacked out on my end.

i am, but there's not a whole lot to update. for the past few years it has just worked without any changes on my part.

the t-mobile subscription is expired right now though, so i won't have a way to make any changes until the new one becomes available in a few weeks.

2 Likes

I'm watchings Rockies dodgers here in Los Angeles market and game is working.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I think I figured some of it out.
The Guide data is not being updated for some reason BUT I looked at MLB.TV schedule and not every game is being televised for Spring Training. Todays Red Sox game is not being shown on NESN via MLB.tv BUT the Detroit feed is (BOSvsDET)
I click on the BOS Feed and nothing. Click on the Det feed and get the game.
Same for Toronto vs Phil and TB vs Pit. The MLB.TV feed is being show only for the feed they specify. So that appears to be working correctly.
As for the Guide data, they may not be sending any yet.

This is searchable by date and current (usually).

2 Likes

Well this explains why all of a sudden i can't watch anything! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not seeing anything in my guide but the station does play. When I navigate to: http://192.168.1.XXX:8092/epg I get an error:

ErrorException

Undefined variable $guideDayStart

http://192.168.1.XXX:8092/epg

as of this morning the error has changed to (although I do see a lot of data BEFORE the error):

Client error: GET https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/big-inning resulted in a 404 Not Found response: <meta name="next-h (truncated...)

Problem solved somewhere along the way it was trying to pull MLB (Radio) which was failing. I had NYY, MLB in the MLB_TEAM_ORDER. Removing MLV solved it.

Are others getting data in the guide now? I can see data in the epg file itself, but still none of it is populating to my guide.

I do see the same error as mentioned in the previous post though, so it appears maybe the MLB Big Inning stream is causing the problem:

GuzzleHttp\Exception\ClientException

Client error: GET https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/big-inning resulted in a 404 Not Found response: <meta name="next-h (truncated...)

yeah, it looks like they changed the page that gave the big inning schedule. just remove MLB from the team list, that should fix this for now until i can figure out the new format.

1 Like

That seems to have fixed the guide issue, but I still inexplicably get the "off air" messages for certain games that are live and available when watching directly on MLB.tv. Hopefully that doesn't happen once the regular season gets here.

If you are watching pre-season games, they aren't all free.
I'm been watching a good number of games without issue.
i did sign upfor a month of MLB.tv to cover the games until the T-mobile promotion kicks in.

I have a full active subscription already, so it shouldn't be that.

Only certain games are televised. Yesterday's Red Sox vs Twins game was only aired on the Twins station so if I went to the Red Sox feed it would be off air, go to the Twins page and it shows. You need to go to the MLB.tv site and see which games are airing and what feed is being used, it could be both, one or none.

1 Like