Moving from PC back to NAS

So I moved my DVR server to my NUC last week but later today I'm switching back to my WD PR2100. Now my question is can I just move the saved database to the NAS without needing to move back all the recordings and other folders? I just want to keep the passes already maded and records of shows already done so that old episodes don't get recorded again.

I'm asking this because it literally took like 8 hrs to move my data from NAS to external hard drive last week and I don't want to endure that again. Unless there is an easier way. If not then I could just start all over I suppose. I just don't want to lose half a day while waiting for data to be copied again.

That should work.
Instead of copying the whole Channels DVR data directory structure in step 6, just copy the ChannelsDVR\Database structure which contains the backups. Just substitiue your NUC for the Mac and your WD for the Synology in the instructions here

After that you could add a second path pointing to your recordings, or take your time and copy them back to the WD if you still want them available to Channels.

Start the transfer before before you go to bed, if you start it around midnight it should transfer 4TB before 10am, if you have more than 4TB of recordings then it will take longer.

okay awesome thanks for the tip. honestly i dont need to move all my recordings back I just would rather have the season passes and database work instead. everything else i have recording i'm planning on transferring over to my plex server that i'm be setting up.

yeah i thought about doing this. currently i have about 5 or 6 TB but i'm going to just try to transfer over the database instead. i don't really need to recordings to be put back. i just thought that was the only way to get everything over.