Moving from Plex and TiVo?

But you cannot click on the actors and get the Bios and other movies you have that they are in.

I use squeeze/LMS but it doesn't do multichannel music. I collect surround sound music, quadraphonic, 5.1, Atmos and Plex handles them all perfectly. No issues sending them to Kodi, from Plex.

I will somehow live without the Bio's. That is what my tablet is for.

1 Like

Does emby work seamlessly with Kodi like Plex? That may be the reason I bailed on emby.

Yes they have a great kodi interface with a great EMBY skin.

1 Like

My setup is running too smoothly to try emby again. Is emby free like Plex server? Maybe that was the reason I went back to Plex?

Glad there are options.

Multichannel music is cool but in my media room I'm extreme in the other direction, switching from the surround amp to two monoblocks for stereo sound. Glad to know you appreciate LMS for two-channel music around the house, for which I feel it is in the class of paid audiophile solutions like Roon and Audirvana.

My two channel rig I use with LMS/SqueezeliteX is pretty nice. Conrad-Johnson Amp and Polk SDA Compact speakers.

My multichannel rig smokes it! Larger Conrad-Johnson amps x3. Full range hand built 3 way speakers for the rears.

Steven Wilson Atmos mixes are the bomb. His old 5.1 mixes are great too. There are some new Atmos mixes on Tidal that are great too. Two Tom Petty Albums, St. Vincent, Megadeath, many others.

Two channels sound wimpy compared to the best surround sound mixes. The people who haven't lived with a quality multichannel setup, and understand the good mixes vs the poor mixes, are the only people I see putting down surround sound.

If someone is commenting on surround sound and has never heard Abbey Road in Atmos, I laugh and no longer take anything they say seriously.

1 Like