MSNBC Issue Playing on FireTV

I've been able to get it to play for a day or so, and then suddenly the pictures pixelates. Once it pixelates, it will no longer tune in. All other NBC channels still tune in, but for some reason MSNBC won't. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software both on the server side, as well as on my FireTV to no avail. I pressed and held the update button on the server to force a new update, and that didn't work. Seems the only way it works is when the FireTV is off for the night. Don't know if it's on their end or this end but when reading the log file, it appears to be operating properly. It appears the show is playing but it's a blank screen and when you hit the back arrow, it says, "Looks like you're behind do you want to continue", or something of that nature so I assume it thinks it's paused perhaps. Just weird. Any clues or help would be appreciated.

I did click the support on the FireTV side, selected trouble with player and so I'm hoping that sent a log file.

Have you tried software playback on your FireTV. Mine is working.

See:

Thanks @tmm1 but no go. The first fix I tried and I get, "Parse Error" There was a problem parsing the package" with an "OK" button. Tried it a few times and even went in and turned on allow apps from unknown sources and ADB debugging on.

Second option "Playback > Advanced > the options are Stretch Video to Fit, Surround Sound and Tuner Sharing". There is not a category "Video Decoder: Software" in the list. Went through each of the categories and couldn't find the Video Decoder: Software option.

What kind of firestick do you have ... Software is there on all my Fire devices ? Are you using a non 4K one ?

It's an Element 55" FireTv built in. OS 5.2.8.1 (668681320) FireTV Home Version 6242057.1

Says 6.25GB of 11.35GB available and then serial number and account info.

Just like a Toshiba FireTV I have where you cannot change the decoder so you are out of luck.

Damn, that sucks Edwin_Perez. Hopefully, tmm1 may find a fix for me. I do have a 4K stick here I had on my Roku TV that burned out so I stole the family room TV because we mainly use the projector in that room anyway. It's the FireTV I mentioned. I'll try putting my 4K stick on it using another HDMI port and see if it works that way. Thanks for the info.

Channels DVR is the only APP on the Toshiba FireTV that does not play nice with it. Locks up and constant crashes so I attached a firestick to it.

It plays great on this Element FireTV with every channel and even MSNBC did up until a few days ago. It started pixelating at first, then goes black. If you exit and come back in in just sits and spins but never loads. If I go back and forth sometimes I can get sound for a little while, but never a picture and then the sound goes. Once in a while, it will open up fine again until it pixelates again. Weirdest thing ever. All other channels work fine just MSNBC.

Yes, the FireTV 4K stick works fine with MSNBC playing now. I still hope that tmm1 or one of the moderators can suggest a fix so I don't have to use it. Just one more remote I have to have on my nightstand now.

They have made a lot of improvements since I last tried it on my Toshiba but it is really not a high end TV. I am sure TMM1 and company will figure something out since you can play everything else.

:+1: Thanks again!

new FireTV beta just came out.

I saw that on Amazon. They of course, put it right up front on recommendations so it shows up just to tempt me! lol...