MSNBC not working on TVE T-Mobile Source

TVE T-Mobile Source....

MSNBC is not working this morning. It works fine through their app and through the NBC app on my Mac but not through Channels DVR.

When I try to access the channel via Channels DVR, the audio stream has an annoying drum beat on a loop and the video stream says "Stay tuned.... MSNBC live stream will be back with you shortly".

Other channels such as CNN are working fine.

I am also supposed to get ABC but Channels DVR says that the station's live stream is not available through my TV Provider (TMobile). I'm not too concerned about this because I can get this channel via Locast (my other configured source) but I do find this odd since I don't recall seeing this message in the past for this channel.

Please fix or let me know what can be done on my end to fix MSNBC since it works just fine through the network apps.

I have already re-scanned for channels and updated my Channels DVR version to the latest version for today (2021-02-07).

I am having the exact same problem with Spectrum cable. I get the same annoying music with the loud drum beat and screen of the studio with the message to "Stay tuned... MSNBC live stream will be back with you shortly". I can access it through Spectrum cable's TV on Roku and through the Spectrum Live TV app on my computer but I can't access it when I use the NBC app and choose networks to pick MSNBC on my FireTV. I get the same screen as the original poster. I also get it directly using the MSNBC app on my FireTV. I then switched inputs to Roku to try it on the NBC app and I get the same screen. This tells me it's most likely blocking my IP address or that they have an issue with their TV Everywhere app I'm guessing. If there is a way to fix this, I too would love to know how.

1 Like

If you're getting content in the feed—even the static screen you're reporting—that indicates that NBCU is the one with the issues, not Channels.

In short, the problem is on NBCU's end, and not with Channels.

The issue with MSNBC is their end. Normally MSNBC works without issue but they are having problems.

Try prerelease

2 Likes

That did the trick! Thank you. Please let us know when this feature has been incorporated into the Stable Release of ChannelsDVR.

I will try to remember NOT to update to the Stable Release until such time as you incorporate this feature into the Stable Release.

Your Channels DVR Server will automatically update to the latest release version when it becomes available.
Currently it's at Version 2021.02.04.1931 https://getchannels.com/releases/#dvr
You can update to the latest 'pre-release' manually at anytime you choose.

Video is working (Spectrum) now, thank you

Does MSNBC or Channels DVR software deinterlace the video, because it's not not being done correctly?

The feed comes from nbc.com/live. It is h264 progressive, so they're doing the deinterlacing.

How do I get the pre release version on Synology NAS server?

Screenshot_2021-02-08 Channels DVR

Just found it! Thank you. I was having the same MSNBC issue.

Thanks tmm1 that fixed the problem and thanks for always being so responsive to problems when the arise. This is why I love Channels DVR is the most excellent customer service we receive.