New Beta: Refreshed Show View Order

Is it so hard to get white text? Bad enough we deal with purple for everything else under the sun. Why is it so hard to get white text? It's so much more readable. I'm fine limiting my nagging about ditching purple, but for the life of me I don't understand why you make so much purple text on purple background. It's like graphic design 101. Even your text on this website is in white with purple backgrounds in many places. So you kinda get it, but not really.

We'll be doing a pass on typography in the app. It's a large project and we're just coming off of insanely large updates over the last few weeks.

We've heard your request and criticism, consider this acknowledgement of it.

1 Like

OK this is weird. There appears to be a bug in the latest production build of Channels DVR on TVOS where clicking on a specific season in the show view doesn't do anything. In the latest Beta on TVOS, this works fine and clicking on a season scrolls the episode list to the first episode in that season.

Weird, I’m not seeing this.

Could it be that you just don’t have that many episodes? In that case it won’t really scroll.

Nope it can't be that since I tried the same show on the production app and the beta app. The same happens on all other shows. Here's a video showing this behaviour:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/00dPuKNJT4rp77iSYGRJfkU3A#Channels_Beta

Latest production app and latest TestFlight beta installed.

This is very weird. Especially since they’re they same code base.

OK an update on this. I had a sudden flash of inspiration and I tried force quitting and then re-launching the production app and that seems to have fixed it. No idea how that was happening.

:man_facepalming: tvOS