New web UI missing option to sort by air date?

Has the new web UI (specifically 2021.02.04.1931) removed support for sorting TV episodes by air date? Or am I overlooking something obvious?

You need to select Library > TV Shows from the nav menu. Then from any of the categories, select the More option. On that resulting page, you can choose Date Released as a sort option.

Or, navigate to: https://my.channelsdvr.net/admin/browse/shows?sort=date_released, or http://${DVR_IP}:8089/admin/browse/shows?sort=date_released.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something that will sort the shows, but I'm talking about the individual episodes (one level deeper). On any given show page there used to be buttons that would switch between date added and date aired.

On my DVR (2021.02.13.1800), they are sorted in sequential order by season/episode. I imagine for programs without episode numbers, they would be chronological order. And for a mix, I believe episodes without episode information are treated as if they were "season 0", and then subsequent recordings with episode metadata would follow.

Perhaps you can give an example (and possibly a screenshot) indicating what you are seeing, and how it differs?

Are you describing these symptoms?:

I know it is regarding streamlinks but are your symptoms the same?

Hm Possibly... Here's an example of a show with way more than 10 episodes per season. Notice both the season buttons on the left (first pic) and the episodes (second pic) seem to be following "date added" sorting:

No, if it were the same issue, your sequence would be:

• S9E1
  • S9E10
  • S9E11
  • S9E1X
  • S9E2
  • S9E20
  • S9E2X
  • S9E3

What the OP is describing is different than the sort order bug for certain imported sources.

For some reason it seems to be sorting by recorded date, not aired date. And no, I do not see any easy or visible means to modify the sort order.

This is one of the new bugs/UX faux pas that have occurred since breaking out the Library in the web UI.

It is the same issue. Things are supposed to be sorted by episode, but are being sorted by added date. When importing content, the filesystem returns items in alpha sort so the created at dates for those imports are in the sorted order: S9E1, S9E10 etc

2 Likes

So this can be marked as an acknowledged and reproducible bug?

Yes. The sorting is not working and we're not quite sure yet why.

These days I'll take confirmation that I'm not crazy as a win. Let me know if there's anything I can provide to assist in the bug hunt.

Who needs sanity these days …

1 Like

Can you please report which version of the server you have running? Also, please submit diagnostics.

Server version is 2021.02.04.1931 / Diagnostics submitted as 860a2462-d2d9-41f1-8382-c7d4107fa602

Please update to the latest pre-release, so you're at least up to date with current version in development.

Is it possible/easy to roll back to stable once testing is complete? (This is a family DVR that I prefer to keep on the stable release track - I'm on a Synology NAS if that matters)

Just change what the 'latest' link points to.
SSH in to the NAS
cd /volume1/@appstore/ChannelsDVR/channels-dvr/
ln -nsf 2021.02.04.1931 latest

New pre-release is up and it should have fixed this sorting issue. @mhamdingo try it and let me know if episodes are sorted correctly now.