NFL RedZone - [ERR] Failed to start stream...same channel works fine from the guide

Interesting. Thanks for pointing me to this...I think I'll just go by the cable office and get a different tuning adapter. Then see what happens next Sunday.

I've never had the displeasure of using one, but have seen posts for years across different forums (TiVo/Plex/SiliconDust/etc.) where people set them up on a lamp timer or home control switch to toggle power to them once a week or so.

I thought about that as well. I've got an open z-wave outlet nearby so I might try setting up a power cycle event in the early hours Sunday morning :+1:

Just to tie a bow on this one...the problem ended up being due to a flakey tuning adapter.

I tried power cycling the TA several times with no improvement. RedZone Channel (803 on Spectrum) would tune properly on occasion, but the vast majority of times it would fail to tune and Channels would failover to the TVE channel, which is the next and last tuner in my priority list.

Got a replacement TA from the Spectrum cable office and have had no problems tuning RedZone the past two Sundays.

1 Like