No audio when streaming live HD over Web UI

While I don’t have any need to stream video remotely, I’m just checking things out now that I have the Channels DVR set up on my PC. I’m at work now and trying different things while logged in remotely to my Channels DVR. My Web Player transcoder resolution is set to 480P. Watching live TV via Web Player, SD channels are streaming just fine, both audio and video. However, I am not getting any audio when streaming HD channels. The video looks fine for the HD channels, but there is no audio.

What browser?

Sorry. Google Chrome.

Okay… this is a kinda known intermittent issue that happens on some channels.

Safari is generally more reliable for HLS streaming.

When I have seen this issue, the player shows muted, and can’t be unmuted. Closing the player, changing the system volume and reopening has made it work for me.

There is no Safari browser for Windows users.

Do you see the muted behavior too?

The bug I’m aware of is a intermittent/random issue in the web player on chrome/firefox… tuning into the same channel will sometimes play audio and other times not. It depends on how fast the hdhomerun starts sending audio packets.

There was no mute or volume control on the web player when I was experiencing this problem. I tried it with several different SD and HD channels. All of the SD channels worked fine, but none of the HD channels had audio. When I’m back at work tomorrow, I will try with the Firefox and IE browsers, too, just to test if I get the same results. I will also try what ImNotSerious said worked for him.

Any new observations here today?

The last time I tried watching live streaming HD channels, it seemed to work just fine at the lower transcoding resolution. I just tried to log into my Web UI again to check it out, but apparently my remote access isn’t working for some reason. So, I’ll have to wait until I get home from work to troubleshoot it.

I’m experiencing this right now also. Windows 7 64 bit on Google Chrome

I just restarted chrome and now I have audio again. Odd

This is a known issue with the web player we’re using… sometimes it won’t pick up on the audio track at the beginning of the stream, and then isn’t able to play the audio when it does show up after a couple seconds.

Usually stopping the player and playing the same channel again fixes it.

This bug should be fixed in the latest pre-release build. Please let me know if it resolves the issue for you.