No Guide Data for last 3 ATSC 1.0 Subchannels On Each Channel

For channels that have 10 or more subchannels, no guide data is shown for the last 3 Subchannels. For example, if there are 12 subchannels like on KAGW 26, 10 through 12 have no guide data. If only 10 Subchannels like on KCTU, then no guide data on 8-10.

However, the HDHomerun app has guide data for these subchannels.

I have substations that have this issue and just manually map them so I get something like this:

The ones without station numbers on the right side were manually mapped.

If you don't know how, this is how you do a manual map:

In your case, when I search for KAGW, I saw there was something for substation 10:

I'm not sure if that has correct guide data since it isn't showing a station logo. In short, I looked it up and saw that it is supposed to be OANN. Thus, in this case, you can search for "One America" and pick the appropriate equivalent (SD or HD):

2 Likes

Thanks babsonnexus. I will implement. Lack of OTA guide data is main reason I am dumping Dish. Wish I could keep small market local news though.

I actually get the channels in question via Pluto also. I meant this as a bug report. channels that have 10 or more subchannels are missing guide data on last 3. and there is guide data for all in HDHomerun. Not sure where the guide data comes from. I only had this running for less than a week.

Off topic, yesterday, I read your post about requesting integration of streaming link app justStreaming?? To automate adding stream links. That would be killer. Someone in that thread really liked the way Tivo integrated all ssources in one place. TiVo lists everything no matter where it comes from. I made that suggestion to them a long time ago and then it was implemented. I’m probably not the only one. But this is what we want. One place to go to see everything we are subscribed to, like cable used to be. If streaming companies don’t like it, they can work with Channels after it gets enough clout- like Napster, except skip the lawsuits and bankruptcy.

The guide data in Channels comes from Gracenote.
You can see the Gracenote data on the zap2it.com website.
Select [Change Provider or Time Zone] and plug your zipcode in and choose Antenna listings.

zipcode 67202 shows KAGW 26.1-26.12 and KCTU 5.1-5.10

If the channel is listed on zap2it, you should see it in Channels.
If it's not listed on zap2it, doing what babsonnexus said is recommended to get the guide data for those missing. In that case search for the callsigns. Like KAGWCD9, KAGWD10, KCTULD9, KCTUD10