NO Scheduled Recordings - Missed Recordings

Updated to Channels Server 2021.05.14.0010 (Maybe not sure) this morning.

Watching live TV on Apple TV all day and a few recordings from Thursday night. This afternoon I went to watch a couple of recordings that have passes that started at 5.00PM EST. No recording had started. I viewed "Scheduled" on my Apple TV Channels app. There are no 'Scheduled' recordings for ''any" of my 50 or more passes I have setup.

I logged on to the Channels server and pulled up "scheduled", there are no scheduled recordings. My 50 or more passes are still listed in the passes section. I selected one of the passes and selected "find airings". New shows were found in the results. Based on that it does't appear a guide problem.

I then check again for a Channels Server update. I updated to 2021.05.14.2020. I reboot Channels Server. Still no scheduled recordings.

Further analysis. On the AppleTV Channels app I go to the guide, select a show I know I have setup to record. Pop up screen has RECORD - RECORD WITH OPTIONS - CREATE PASS. I click on CREATE PASS and then the screen only has PAUSE SCHEDULE - DELETE. I thought for sure there was a MODIFY PASS option somewhere. Not sure if this means anything as far as debugging.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: This issue is for HDHR, PHILO and HOTWIRE COMMUNICATIONS

Go to Guide Database > Maintenance > Fetch Guide Updates

See DVR: Performance improvements (v2021.05.13.0008)

I just did that AFTER I posted my problem hahaha. It works. Thanks. What threw me off was that when I did a find "airings shows" and shows came up. My mistake was focusing on Scheduled Recordings and not Guide Data. Rabbit Hole :slight_smile:

mine was the same way and it missed shark tank last night; hopefully this resolves my issue too!

This doesn't fix my issue. 3 passes but "No scheduled recordings".

DVR version: 2021.10.25.1801

Does the DVR have guide data?
Look at the DVR web UI and select Live TV > Guide

Yes

What does one of your non-working passes look like.
In the DVR web UI, go to DVR > Passes and click the dropdown next to it and pick Advanced

Uh oh…

Also, the other two passes aren't visible.

Click the X after Tags == New and it should record.
If you check, there probably aren't any NEW episodes airing.

If they don't show up in Passes, they don't exist as Passes then.

1 Like

I have the same pass as shown in dmaoliver, except that I do not have the "New" tag set. And there was a new episode today, and a new one in a week from today, but looking at details of those does NOT show "New" flag... that maybe why nothing is recording for you at least for this pass.

Wouldn't be the first time Gracenote has gotten something wrong in our guide listings.
If you view the episode list on zap2it in the Episode Guide tab it shows the next "New" episode is S05E10 - Everyday Venice AIRING Nov 12, 2021. But I'm unable to find that episode in the guide?

It's airing in one of my PBS stations, but the airing I have on that particular network is not the "New" showing. Chances are the first airing—the one marked as "New"—may be on a channel you don't receive. They may not be marking the first airing in other channels as new, or only a single airing for a simulcast gets marked as new.

(I have 4 or 5 local PBS affiliates, plus all the other rebroadcasts on secondary PBS channels, and networks like Create.)

In my setup, I see this "new" episode airing on the 15th on KCTS PBS channel 6004 (via Hulu source) at noon. Not indicating "New".