Non-Docker source for PlutoTV and Stirr m3u playlists and EPG

Current settings, just FYI. (now using custom URL):

Is it just me or is this normal for Stirr? If i go to stirr.com and look at their guide, they show the show title and description as expected.

In the channels guide I don't any titles or descriptions.

Stirr.com guide

my Channels guide:

Settings:

1 Like

You holding the remote correctly?
Kidding.
The settings look correct.
Try redownloading XMLTV from the sources dropdown and check the DVR log for errors.

It's just you.

Did that multiple times. Will check logs, any suggestions to look for?

Any suggestions?

Not very helpful… the forum is meant to help each other.

1 Like

Your settings look funky to me. These are mine, and it works perfectly. I suspect since you are trying to FORCE your channels up to above 20000, the epg can't find them.

Try mine just for the heck of it, Reload after making the changes, and RE download the guide (you might need to wait a few minutes after the full guide download, for it to index). See if you now magically get proper guide. IF YOU DO, then we need to figure out why YOUR custom settings are causing issues with the guide data matching.

If you paste the EPG into your browser on the machine you’re running Channels on, does it open or download?

This probably wouldn’t work, but you could try “Delete and Recreate Database” in the Guide Database section.

1 Like

In theory, it shouldn’t matter what the channel numbers are. The EPG is associated with the channel ID, not the channel number.

1 Like

I know that, BUT, it's a good test anyway to see what happens. He might have something else be going on with his setup that's causing it.

Download.

Already deleted and recreated.

2 Likes

Just tried your settings as suggested, no difference.

1 Like

Just check my DVR logs and am seeing this error.
2022/10/26 10:23:33.540168 [ERR] Failed to download XMLTV-Stirr: xmltv fetch: 404 Not Found

I can browse (in chromium) to that url on the DVR machine and it downloads the file and when I open the file it contains valid data.

Using the same setup for pluto and get correct guide data. And I use the customer channel offset.

1 Like

Submit diagnostics from Support > Troubleshooting

done, thanks

2 Likes

You entered the epg url incorrectly. There is an extra space at the end

Damn copy and paste.

Thanks

2 Likes

I thought that was corrected with Very minor issue with URL entry on Custom Channels form. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was for m3u but not xml. The latter is now fixed with the next build.

4 Likes

One last question for anyone related to stirr and/or pluto.

How far in advance does your guide display data?

1 Like