Non-Docker source for PlutoTV and Stirr m3u playlists and EPG

I don't see the EPG being updated anymore - Latest refresh shows only next 2 hours ...

Is this a Pluto issue?

The source

Try it now please.

Works now - However on my iOS device they still don't appear
Android works ...

Weird right? (I did exit the App and reloaded on the iPhone)

I can't find anything faulty on this end. The last backend update was at 15:00 and ran normally. I forced an update at 15:38 and it did have many changes over the 15:00 version. Perhaps it was a hiccup on the Pluto end?

9:30pm
Got busy and has been running automatically since we last talked. Here is an image before I force an update

That is with XMLTV Guide Data set to refresh every 3 hours.
Just forced a refresh and, with your permission, I'm going to set the refresh rate to 1 hour to see if the automatic updates continue.

Looks as though it did complete a refresh:
2021/10/18 20:23:17.027175 [DVR] Reindexed 1025 airings into XMLTV-PlutoTV (295 channels over 17h30m0s) + 4304 skipped [1s index]
2021/10/18 20:23:17.040771 [DVR] pruned 376 replaced airings in 0s.
2021/10/18 20:23:18.099073 [DVR] Reindexed 1462 airings into XMLTV-StirrTV (108 channels over 26h0m0s) + 1453 skipped [1s index]
2021/10/18 20:23:18.112905 [DVR] pruned 123 replaced airings in 0s.

So, then, its the client not displaying?

Sure leave it for an hour refresh for tonight. But please PM me your IP address so I can diagnose on this end thanks

Edit: also, by the sound of it, it doesn’t seem like anyone else is having this issue. I think something is caching the files between my server and your client.

1 Like

I too suspect there may be a guide refresh gremlin in Channels with m3u sources. I added the Samsung TV Plus m3u a few days ago, loaded great and seemed fine. However, the guide data ran out. I could see in the logs it was doing the refreshes but it acted like there were no new listings or something. I don’t remember exactly unfortunately. I manually requested a guide update in the web ui and it worked and showed new data. Something somewhere seems flaky. I’ll report back with better details if it happens again.

2 Likes

Ha! Thanks for posting this. I've been having the same issue with Samsung TV as well. For me, I have the 3 hr refresh set. I look at the guide on the client and I have hours worth of guide data for Samsung TV. The 3 hr refresh hits and all guide data is gone. I haven't had time to fuss with this so I'm not sure of any pattern or reason.

Just wanted to chime in - I’m having the same experience with the same sources.

This probably warrants a different thread though, as it doesn’t specifically involve this non-Docker method of incorporating Pluto TV channels.

1 Like

Same here again this morning - No update to EPG programs ... :frowning:

Ok, let's try this. For each link below, add a URL parameter, as follows, where [user-handle] is your user name without spaces or special characters (case does not matter, but all lower case is better).

This should trigger any intermediate server or router that may be caching the pages as a dynamic page and not static. I'll also be able to track the hits to the server by your user handle to aid in debugging. If you're not comfortable putting in your user name, just use any random number.

So for example, for me it would be: https://nocords.xyz/pluto/playlist.m3u?cb=HankLloydRight

1 Like

FWIW, Pluto has been working fine here with your php method. I don't use STIRR but did set it up last night just to see what would happen, it does not see any channels whereas Pluto always sees 330 and refreshes fine every 3 hours.

I'll tinker with the username thing just to help troubleshoot for the STIRR issue here, then likely delete it.

Jury duty and bored out of my mind waiting for the phone to ring. :blush:

[edit] Added "?cb=myusername" to the URLs for STIRR and instantly had 111 channels.

Worked perfectly - Used the Pluto one :wink:

Working again. Once without a Client restart and once having to stop&close then restart the Channels Client then the data displayed .. this im guessing is a Channels Client bug

I don't have any issues with Pluto. I am mostly on a different PC using the web based guide.

Hello everyone.

I've been making lots of changes to the service the last couple of days which is becoming very popular. Hopefully these changes will solve any lingering missing refreshes a few people have experienced. And as I said above, it will remain free for everyone to access.

I'm changing how the M3U and EPG links work. The Pluto links on the backend now refresh every 30 minutes , so the MOST you can be out of date(time) is 30 minutes. No matter when or how often you refresh, the EPG data will be no older than 30 minutes. And feel free to set your EPG refresh rate back to "1 Hour" for both Pluto TV and Stirr which is the option now available in the "Pre-release" version of the ChannelsDVR server.

Thanks again for all your feedback and suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or feedback.

-Hank

7 Likes

Which channels are you having issues with?

FYI I have pushed up a new version of the pluto-for-docker v1.2.7 with improvements to the EPG on some channels. Previously season/episode numbers were not coming through for some content.

4 Likes

Great -- thank you! I've already pushed that to the website and will be reflected in the next update at 6:00pmET

edit: By the way, as you can see, I'm sort of new to Channels and I just love it! We just cut the cord and dumped Cablevision to the curb (and boy oh boy they were not happy about that). Thanks for all you devs do.

5 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for doing (and sharing) all of this, Hank. What a great contribution to the community. Just one note, the first sentence on your page should be updated to reflect this:

These updates are super cool. Thanks again!

2 Likes