Nvidia Shield Network storage no write permissions

I have a Terramaster NAS which I have failed to be able to install Channelsdvr to (the only link forum suggestion I have found doesn't work )

So I decided to install the server on a Nvidia shield and add the nas as network storage, this connects ok via Nvidia but when I set up the dvr via a browser I get
" Error: no write permissions on dvr directory"

I have putty'ed onto the NAS and set the /mnt and the share directory to chmod 777 and I have made the user a set the network storage up with (on the nvidia shield) as the owner of both folders

I have also connected to the destination on a pc and written a file to it and that works , I can only assume that channelsdvr has an issue that it is assuming as permissions

Any help would be appreciated

Our app does not have permissions on the shield to write to network mounts. This is something nvidia controls. They have whitelisted us for the next stable release of SHIELD experience but I'm not sure when that will be released.

What issue did you have installing on TNAS?

1 Like

This is a lift from the post , I have enabled ssh access and putty'ed onto the NAS from my pc however it appears the NAS does not have the curl command available (it looks like it has a pretty limited set of linux commands available)

so I gave up , again any help with this would be appreciated

fyi the device is an TM F2-210

TOS Version is 4.1.13

Huh interesting. What do these two commands output:

curl --version
wget --version

as follows

curl: command not found
wget: command not found

if I try ls (which does work) I get

ls (GNU coreutils) 8.23
(Plus some gnu license information)

What version of TNAS OS?

TOS 4.1.13 1911281759

Plus for info when I drop the link in the above post into a browser I get

AccessDenied Access Denied 908D8276145A24D4 399laX+57uDE2VjaTnL+K9+Nc9CQ5B+y5+wjphZ6JEUCssSOkZMv9y4vSXF1AbOK5TozirAT7fw=

Is that behavior expected

On the Terramaster web interface there is a method of uploading and application source manually is it possible to download the channelsdvr package for terramaster as a file (tar?) and then I could try uploading it via that

Try this: https://channels-dvr.s3.amazonaws.com/terramaster/channels-dvr-1.0.0.tar

Though that might not work either if they removed curl

I've reached out to TerraMaster to see what is going on with curl, and also for an update on getting Channels DVR added to their apps list so it can be installed with a click.

1 Like