Nvidia Shield TV Server

I give up!

Every reboot I seem to have to fight to get it loaded, and now it won't load AT ALL, I presume this is in relation to it not being compatible with the latest update, but the fact I am missing so many shows that I need recorded, I am gonna have to cancel my subscription and dig out my Freeview box or use Plex.

Not best pleased

I assume you upgraded to SHIELD Experience 9.0

Plex is also broken. See DVR server not working after Shield 9.0.0 update - #83

Oh damn! Well that's what I get for using an Android TV for a DVR, time to uncut the cord

I disagree. That's what happens when you use anything that has a possibility for issues, which is everything. EVERYTHING. House, car, streaming box, Xfinity modem, our bodies, our expectations, our choices, a plastic fork, the road outside, the atmosphere, our lives, should I go on?

Stop expecting everything to always work perfectly all the time. Unless you're a spoiled child, these principles should have been learned already.

1 Like

I do feel your reply was rude as I did say I had a lot of issues getting it to run in general after a reboot too.

If you have nothing nice to say maybe don’t say it.

And I feel that all of your replies in this thread are disrespectful to the developers. You immediately came in talking about how inconvenient it was that your DVR is now experiencing issues after the update, then proceeded to pull the cancel card, and switch to a different service, which ironically is having the same issue. All stemming from an update to the SHIELD, released by nVidia.

At least educate yourself and direct your frustration to the source of the problem, nVidia. They have a forum too, you could go rant in there about missing your shows, and how it's so terrible that you're just gonna have to jump back into the rabbit hole of finding all new providers, to have different issues with. LMAO

1 Like

You are so frustrated that something does not work right now, you need it too, you are missing shows recording......so, you decided to cancel and permanently disable the thing, so now it will for sure not work, not right now, not ever, and for sure you will never record those show.

The instructions on how to get it working again are easy to find, and follow.
it is not anyone's fault, other than your own.

https://community.getchannels.com/t/fixing-channels-dvr-server-on-nvidia-shield-version-9-0-0/30693/3

Right I’m done with you all - mods please delete my account

Woah now, lmao, we have to be subtle with the weak ones.

You can Delete your own account.

Again, an easy thing you can do your self if you wish.

If you want to cancel Channels DVR, then you will need to do so, not the mods.

This is me being subtle. lol
Far more so than racameron is on here.
The devs trust him enough to make him mod and clearly are fully accepting of his style and tone of posts. So, i see no issues.

1 Like