OliveTin for Channels: An Interface for Misc Channels DVR Scripts & Tricks

So, assuming hostname TRUENAS is at 192.168.50.219, what's up with this extra /mnt/ponds you have in the path?

Looks to me like your host should be set to either TRUENAS or its IP, and your share to: /DVR-storage/DVR just like it shows in Windows File Explorer.

Stop the stack, if it's even running, delete the volume and set it up again.

/mnt/ponds is the mount point destination for channels. I was trying that out of frustration.

think I have it now thanks to your help.

ended up using IP \DVR-storage\DVR and my windows User and PW

THANK YOU for this project and all your help

@chDVRuser and anyone else with more than one DVR:

Pushed bnhf/olivetin:latest this morning with support for multiple Channels DVR servers in the following check-marked scripts:

• Comskip on/off by channel :white_check_mark:
  • List channels with Comskip off :white_check_mark:
  • Manually add recordings :white_check_mark:
  • Find Gracenote station IDs :white_check_mark:
  • Fix YouTube thumbnails
  • Download TwiT.tv guide data
  • Generate channels list in CSV format :white_check_mark:
  • Generate movie list in CSV format :white_check_mark:
  • Scan/Prune local content :white_check_mark:
  • Mark an episode for re-recording :white_check_mark:
  • Channel lineup change notifications
  • Generate filtered Channels DVR log :white_check_mark:
  • List sources for a single channel :white_check_mark:
  • Delete Channels DVR recording log files
  • Send message to defined Channels clients :heavy_minus_sign:
  • Docker-Compose Examples for Channels & Related Extensions :heavy_minus_sign:

Those with the dashes are not server related, so are not applicable. The four remaining scripts are the ones that can function pseudo cron-style, which makes them somewhat trickier to adapt. For the moment, those scripts will continue to work for the primary server only.

The :test and :test2 tags will be nuked for now. Everyone should move to the :latest tag.

1 Like

Pretty cool, it even works with remote dvr’s via Tailscale ip. Not a big deal but in a future release maybe possibly change how to select a server. Drag and drop doesn’t work on mobile iPhone browser.

I just did, all seems to be working great! One minor note, for those of us with "only" one DVR. Perhaps show the "Drag and drop alternates" text, only if there are actually alternates listed?

Because I've left mine blank, obviously.

Or should we comment out those lines, and not include the "CHANNELS_DVR_ALTERNATES" env variable in the first place?

As a scout for more cool tools to include in OliveTin for Channels, this one caught my eye, and think it would be a great match. Would it work?

1 Like

It should be OK to leave it in the stack, but don't include it in the environment variables section. I'm guessing maybe you have the variable there and it contains spaces?

EDIT: Found the issue. I'll fix it for the next build.

Not as a PowerShell script, but I should be able to translate it to Bash. Can you give me an "executive summary" on what this would do?

Yes, I put it there to stay "up to date" with your latest changes, but I left the field blank.

Great, thanks!

Sure. These pages explain it better than I can. That creator just makes it a whole lot easier, at least for Paramount+ content. Hopefully more to follow one day...

Update pushed. Could you see if it's fixed now please?

Yes, updated, tested, looks great. Now the label to the right just says "Channels DVR server to use," which is more appropriate for a typical single DVR setup. Thanks!

Thanks, will try them out this weekend on multiple servers.

Tested the following and can confirm working on multiple DVR's

• Comskip on/off by channel :white_check_mark:
  • List channels with Comskip off :white_check_mark:
  • Manually add recordings :white_check_mark:
  • Find Gracenote station IDs :white_check_mark:
  • Generate channels list in CSV format :white_check_mark:
  • Generate movie list in CSV format :white_check_mark:
  • Mark an episode for re-recording :white_check_mark:

I only have issues with these two
Generate channels list in CSV format
Generate movie list in CSV format
where the generated filename contains a colon :,

so viewing from a Windows machine displays them with the short name and no way to tell what files they are.
Capture

If I rename the files using a dash - in place of the colon :, they display correctly in Windows.
Capture2

Back to the :test label until someone else besides me confirms functionality :slight_smile: for the following:

I've modified the output filenames for the two "latest" CSV files -- now subbing in a dash in place of the colon in the filename.

The bigger news though, is that I've added support for multiple DVRs to the "Channel Lineup Change Notifications" Action Button. I believe I've come up with a workable approach to this single button being able launch and kill processes for however many DVRs you have. :white_check_mark:

Here's what to know:

• When you launch for the first DVR the button will change color from purple to green, and the start time will be added to the button name. The data in stdout will include info on however many of these notifiers you have running -- at this point that would be just the one.

• Launch the notifier for other DVRs, and you'll see each added to the list of active processes in stdout.

• To kill any notifiers, enter the hostname:port or ip:port (whichever is your jam) and 0 for the interval, and that one will be killed, with those remaining active listed in stdout.

• When you've killed the last active script, the button will change from green back to purple. Active notifiers will be automatically re-launched on host or container restart.

If this seems workable, I'll setup the other three scripts that support this pseudo cron-style to operate in a similar fashion.

1 Like

Issue with the new test release and a colon in the filename again.

Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 15-07-51

Other than that it works great monitoring multiple DVR's for Channel Lineup changes!

• List sources for a single channel :white_check_mark:

This also works fine with multiple DVR's.

Question on drag & drop for multiple DVR's.
I've tried in Brave, Edge and Firefox and the only way I can drag & drop is to highlight one of the alternate hosts using my mouse and then I can drag it. It only drags what I select/highlight.

i.e. whatever text is highlighted can be dragged, if nothing is first selected/highlighted, you can't drag anything

Running :latest build. When I run scan/prune local content I get a 404 error.

level="info" msg="Before Parse Args" cmd="/config/scanlocalcontent.sh \"{{ dvr }}\" {{ action }}"
level="info" msg="After Parse Args" cmd="/config/scanlocalcontent.sh \"192.168.0.11:8089\" scan"
level="info" msg="Action starting" timeout="20" title="Scan/Prune Local Content"
level="info" msg="Action finished" exit="0" stderr="+ dvr=192.168.0.11:8089\n+ urlAction=scan\n+ curl -X PUT http://192.168.0.11:8089/dvr/scanner/\n  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current\n                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed\n\r  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0\r100    13  100    13    0     0   7589      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 13000\n" stdout="404 Not Found" timedOut="false" title="Scan/Prune Local Content"

Apologies -- fixed now. Pull :test again to confirm.