OliveTin for Channels: An Interface for Misc Channels DVR Scripts & Tricks

For the tests I've done, all of the "Manual Recordings" have been grouped together in my library:

And I could add them to a collection:

I'm guessing though that these are all being grouped together by virtue of being manual recordings, which might not be what you're after.

I think he's running an older image of yours before you added SeriesID=manual/channel#

If it looks like the one on the bottom in your DVR > Manage > Shows that's why

It should look like this if you're using the latest image

1 Like

I wonder if I should start from scratch and try this again at this point. I’m recording a PPV from Peacock and don’t have a channel to match with the recording per se.

What does it look like in DVR > Manage > Shows?

1 Like

Recording shows undefined and when I click on it, it’s shows No recordings found for this show.

You need to stop and delete the container, then pull the latest image and run it again.

1 Like

Copy that. Will do.

You can also stop the stack, and then in the Portainer-Stacks editor click on Update and use the Re-Pull and redeploy slider.

EDIT: Also, UPDATE_SCRIPTS and UPDATE_YAMLS should both be set to true in your env vars.

1 Like

I have done that earlier through Portainer but I guess I did something wrong when starting this project somewhere. Probably best to start from scratch.

Have no idea what that means. PPV is PayPerView?
To do the manual recording, you would have to enter a channel number to record from.

Yes. Pay Per View on Peacock. Putting in the channel number of my Encoder.

OK, so it does have a channel number in Channels DVR.

Yes. What I meant to say it doesn’t have a station ID to match with the channel. It just has one hour blocks and it’s just label HDMI encoder. I was thinking that’s what you meant by SeriesID I guess I got confused.

Try a fresh manual recording of something (anything really, and it can be short) and post the OliveTin stdout here for that recording. We should be able to tell what's going on from that. See this post for an example:

I have a 1 min recording set for 10:50 PM CST. Here is the logs from that.

*   Trying XXX.XXX.XXX.XX:XXXX…
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0* Connected to XXX.XXX.XXX.XX (XXX.XXX.XXX.XX) port XXXX (#0)
> POST /dvr/jobs/new HTTP/1.1
> Host: XXX.XXX.XXX.XX:XXXX
> User-Agent: curl/7.82.0
> Accept: */*
> Content-Length: 406
> Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
> 
} [406 bytes data]
* Mark bundle as not supporting multiuse
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store
< Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
< Set-Cookie: session=MTY5NjczNjg3OHxEdi1CQkFFQ180SUFBUkFCRUFBQUl2LUNBQUVHYzNSeWFXNW5EQW9BQ0hSekxteHZaMmx1Qm5OMGNtbHVad3dDQUFBPXyQR4oCUeHSFRZkdg9P-zR6XzOYiVy314afDyxUKcGnzA==; Path=/; Expires=Mon, 07 Oct 2024 03:47:58 GMT; Max-Age=31536000; SameSite=Lax
< X-Channels-Dvr-Identifier: 
< Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 03:47:58 GMT
< Content-Length: 464
< 
{ [464 bytes data]

100   870  100   464  100   406   6617   5790 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 12608
* Connection #0 to host XXX.XXX.XXX.XX left intact

I was able to find the test in my library but when I click on the metadata it’s doesn’t show “Pro wrestling” as the genre. Just shows blank. I am putting Pro wrestling in the genre field.

1 Like

This is the output from stderr, I want to see stdout.

That's my bad.

{"ID":"1696737000-ch5002","Name":"Test","Time":1696737000,"Duration":60,"Channels":["5002"],"Channel":"","DeviceID":"","RuleID":"","Serial":0,"FileID":"","Skipped":false,"Failed":false,"Dead":false,"Error":"","Airing":{"Source":"manual","Channel":"5002","Time":1696737000,"Duration":60,"Title":"Test","Summary":"Test","Image":"https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/p9467679_st_h6_aa.jpg","Genres":["Pro wrestling"],"SeriesID":"manual/5002"},"UpdatedAt":1696736878482}
1 Like

That one should work.
What does it look like (screenshot) in DVR > Manage > Shows after it recorded