On Later suggestions

I'm enjoying the improved on later section. A couple of things I would suggest around the 'fine tune' options:

• These fine tuning options seem to only partially apply. For example, I can select 'preferred channels' but then I still have suggestions shown from other channels. Is this as intended?
  • Please could there be an option to 'prefer HD'
  • In general, I would like the options in the fine tuning settings to be able to be set absolutely. So there might be a difference between 'preferred channels' and 'selected channels' where the selected channels would be the only ones contributing to the on later suggestions. This could also apply to other settings like 'HD', so you could get on later to only suggest HD shows.
  1. Yes.
  2. Good idea
  3. I saved explaining #1 more, for this one. Fine tuning On Later boosts your preferred things, it doesn’t only show them. If it removed things, it would ruin the serendipitous finding of things that it was designed to do.
2 Likes

What if I only wanted serendipitous discovery of HD content?

Wouldn’t it be better to allow users to make this decision themselves?

You can hide the SD channels on your tuner

Or you can add them to Excluded Channels under Fine Tune

Or you can wait for the next build where we boost HD content so it gets priority

2 Likes

Yeah, I said it was a good idea.

Sorry, I was just using it as an example with reference to the idea of having firm selections vs preferred selections.

Yes, I think this is a case for a overall filter. Wanting to never see crappy SD content is certainly a fair filter.

Picking a channel and then seeing options for just that channel until adding more channels, is not something that would make On Later very beneficial.

1 Like

Since "Preferred Channels" doesn't only show the preferred channels, I would like a "Show Only" filter. Sometimes I want to quickly see all the upcoming movies on Channel 4, for example. It seems the only way to do that is to add all the other channels to the Exclude Channels list. Then delete them all after I'm finished.

On Apple devices, select the channel from the grid guide, and it will present the "On Later" screen solely for that channel. (This feature is only available on Apple clients, presently, it is not yet available on Android or via the web UI.)

Well the PC client would be the most important. I browse exclusively from the PC guide listing and only use the TV for shows that have been recorded.

Um ... I am sorry to be the individual to inform you, but there is no PC Channels client.

I don't know what you are referencing, but you and the developers are on different pages it seems ...

It's been working for me since that pre-release last September that enabled it in the DVR web UI grid guide.

You can click the channel icons to get to this view in the web admin.

Looks like that works for individual channels, but not for multiple at once. Like collectively looking at the major network channels while ignoring all the sub channels.

Yeah, multiple channels doesn’t work.