Organize channels in EPG using Web GUI?

Is it possible to organize/rearrange channels in the web GUI for display in the EPG and also have that order be used for all other connected clients? I've got three sources: OTA, Philo and Pluto TV

You cant reorder the general guide channels. But you can create your own custom collections of channels.

You can learn more here:

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like exactly what I am looking for. I did look at that earlier and noticed that channels are added one at a time. I've got a lot of channels so I'm guessing each will need to be added one at a time?

Also, from your link:

Protip: The order your collections show up in Channels is determined by the order that you add them in the setting.

Does that mean that the order cannot be changed later? If I decide to add a channel I excluded, is the only choice end-of-the-list?

Yes, the feature is geared more for creating sets of channels, but it can accomplish what you want, though it will take a while.

That order you mentioned is about the collections order, not the order of the channels in a collection. Those are easy to reorder.

Just go check out the feature and try it out.

2 Likes

you can add multiple channels. just keep typing channels in the search bar

1 Like

Thanks all. I have created my channel collection and went into settings and added it. I cannot, however, figure out how to select that collection in the EPG on web GUI. I can click on 'Favorites' and 'Sources' pulldowns but I do not see the collection I created. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Channel Collections can only be enabled via the Server Side Settings:

Correct. I did activate them in server side settings and selected the 'Server Side Only -> Channel Collections'. Shows one item which is the collection I created 'My Channels'. I think that is done correctly, but I do not see anywhere in the Guide on web GUI where I can select the collection 'My Channels'.

I think they only work on the full clients, not the web interface. Not sure though.

1 Like

I do like the collections feature but would love it if the web guide GUI could add the collections as a drop down just like they have for the Favorites and sources selections. I often use the web guide versus the client guide to see what is on and it would be very helpful in my case.

Are there any plans on doing this?

2 Likes

I just reread my op and can see where I was not explicit as I thought web epg was also considered a client.

I second the request to have the channel collection as an option for web gui epg.

1 Like

Channel Collections are now available in the Guide in the web admin. Source selection and filtering is, finally, available in On Now in the web admin.

1 Like