Pass Priority

I see what you are saying. For next week I can try bumping Man With a Plan down such that Station 19 is right under Brooklyn Nine-Nine again and see what happens. I would hope that higher priority is higher priority, but who knows, maybe they do take into account relative position.

Priority and tuner allocation only comes into play when a recording is set to begin. If multiple recordings are set to begin at the same time, then the priority list—as well as the favorite/priority settings of sources/tuners—is consulted.

Presently, no consideration is given to later recordings that may have a higher priority when deciding to record a program. A better form of conflict management is on the developers' radar, but nothing has been announced yet.

That is what I assumed as well, but if that is the case, then why did Station 19 not start recording at 6:59pm in the recent logs I posted? If what you are saying is true, then Station 19 should have recorded.

It never tried to record Station 19. Did you set it to skip in the upcoming list?

In my experience, the only time that the logs show "Skipping" without indicating why ("… because program has already started") was when I explicitly selected "Skip" from the schedule of upcoming airings.

Ahh, I thought the skipping meant that the scheduler decided to skip it. It is possible that someone here in the house manually skipped it, I'll find out if that's the case. I was really hoping this was improved, oh well. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.