PBS Missing?

I've realized that PBS is now missing from my local channels after updating to a pre-release (can't tell which one this started but fairly recently)

PBS streams are no longer compatible with Channels. This happened a few months ago.

Even those using external playlists to get PBS stations—such as myself—have since found themselves locked out of PBS.

PBS does offer their own apps, which you would now need to use. Great for catching up on content, but bad for recording.

Thanks for the response. Hadn’t really noticed until my antenna decided to give me issues. I currently cannot get CBS and PBS affiliates from my antenna so surprised to see it gone from TVE also.
Back to antenna fiddling to get them back

Fortunately DirectTV Stream just started offering PBS so will have them there, and don’t watch that often but still was nice having them in Channels

Since PBS via TVE has been removed, I would suggest updating the description of the Experimental > Local Networks via TV Everywhere setting to remove PBS (and fix the plurality of "area"), e.g.:

"Some major metropolitan areas offer access to NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX stations via TV Everywhere"

1 Like

Apparently not all PBS streams are so encumbered. Some networks that had streams from "way back when" may still have DRM–free streams available.

You can get PBS back with this:

1 Like