Permanently delete a client

I gave my aunt my old firestick and 1st gen HD Homerun/antenna. I guess I logged into my channels account at some point, but for her setup it should only be the firestick app and NOT connected to my server. How can I remove her access to my server? it works fine about 90% of the time, but about 10% she's back on my server.

please help :frowning:

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the logging out has to be handled directly on the client device itself...? :grimacing:

Yeah I keep deleting her from clients and she keeps coming back :stuck_out_tongue:
All good, I am just gonna block her IP from my router. Seems the easist way.

I also vaguely recall somebody in another thread suggesting setting a Collection server-side for that client to be the only available collection, and limit what goes in the Collection to one channel. I'm not sure how that works, though.

1 Like

I've thought about this, but have limited upload bandwidth and want to save it only for myself and my wifey. Not that Channels use all that much, but when I add my camera's and home kit and so on, it runs out pretty quickly.

Side note- can't WAIT for fiber to come to my neighborhood !!!!

Yea, that makes sense. I think the idea, assuming I was understanding the suggestion in the other thread, was that you could make it (maybe?) so she could only access one undesirable channel, so she wouldn't even bother trying any longer.

It's not that she's even trying to connect to my server intentionally. She is literally only using the channels app (local to the firestick) to watch OTA. Sometimes if there's a power outage or network glitch, and she loses connection via LAN to the HDHomerun, it automatically connects connects to my server. She's a bit older and in another state, so when this happens, she calls me asking she can't watch her local news or whatever. She doesn't understand why all of a sudden her locals have changed to NC instead of TN. At which point I tell her to reboot everything and I remove her as a client from the DVR again.

I have wised up though and added a smart plug and routine to the HDHomerun so she can just say "Alexa, fix TV" and it powers it off and back on a few minutes later. This fixes the issue 99% of the time.

1 Like

She simply needs to delete the app off the firestick and then reinstall. It won’t try or be able to attach to your server after that.

1 Like

Unfortunately She's not savvy and that would probably not go well LOL

I will just wait until the next time I go down there and do it for her.