Personal Media Incorrect Metadata

Hello,

I am trying out channels and having an issue. When the server is importing my movies it seems to not be searching properly or something. For example I have Alien movies all in a folder called Alien.

Alien/Alien (1979).mkv
Alien/Aliens (1986).mkv
Alien/Alien 3 (1992).mkv

It pulls the metadata for Alien (1979) for all three files. It is like its not even using the provided year and/or the full name of the file. I was not able to find any settings related to the how the server fetches metadata but I am fairly new to this software. I am currently testing this alongside Jellyfin and Plex and those are able to identify nearly all my movies without issues. Let me know if I am missing something or doing something wrong. Thanks.

It’s probably using the name of the directory you grouped them in, for the title it searches with.

You can fix them by using the Fix incorrect Match function of the movie in your Channels DVR Server web admin.

I see. The documentation states that it can handle folders and would search recursively. So I would have thought it would work. I have a bunch grouped into folders for convenience. Id rather not have to go to each one in a folder and have to "Fix Incorrect Match". Thanks for your help.

Without testing it, this is just a guess. Have you noticed any of the other groupings having the same issue?

So it does seem like most of the others I have grouped into folder have the same issue.

Though after checking some. If the names are different enough some do work. For example I have John Wick movies grouped into a folder and it grab the same metadata for all of them. On the other hand I have all the Jurassic Park/Worlds grouped into a folder and it was able to figure out all of them except for Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 3 have the same metadata. It seems like the name is close between Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 3 even though I do have dates in the file name as well.

It’s a common pattern for people to place each movie in its own directory with supporting content t inside like a poster or subtitle files.

It seems your directory naming is sort of slipping into this scenario for our indexer.

I see. I can understand that. It would be nice if it supported it. I guess I can always pull the files out of the folders. Thanks.

PS. I am also having issues with Transcoding with an NVidia GPU. I have posted a separate topic about it. Not sure what the issue could be there. Thanks again.

The latest DVR pre-release should resolve this issue. Thank you for reporting it.

No problem and thanks!