Personal Section video content type not matching between web and iOS

I'm trying to setup a personal section with video content type that shows the most recently updated videos. On the DVR I set it up like this:

This looks good and is showing the most recent videos first. However on iOS (and ATV too) I get something completely different.

I don't know why it would be picking these videos on the iOS side and why they would be different from the DVR side. Other personal section content types seem to work fine, just not videos.

In addition to the previous issue, when a personal section is created with content type of collections, there is no preview of the content on the web interface. The clients however show the correct videos in the collection. In the example below, a row was added named Fav Videos. The

There are actually two videos in the collection 0_Checking Daily. They are not previewed in the web but show up on the clients.

Do your videos actually have Original Air Date in their metadata? Sorting by Date Released would only work if they had this information.

Otherwise, you would want to use Date Added.

My guess is that your videos do not have Original Air Date populated, and what you're seeing in web is that they're just not being sorted at all. Videos are sorted by when they were added to the library by default. And the client just isn't respecting this.

So I think what you want is Date Added, or ensure your video's Original Air Date metadata is populated, so you can actually sort by Date Released.

Refresh the page and I think you'll see the content populated. This is a very slight bug with creating collections elsewhere while the Personal Section editor is open. The contents of the new collection are not communicated in the background.

I checked a few videos and they all have Original Air Date filled in.

I tried refresh and still see no content.

Weird. What you're seeing completely conforms to what I described.

On the client, the sort falls back to title, when original air dates are the same. The reason for this is that movies or episodes released the same date don't have a distinct sort otherwise, and their order will swap.

So when you have a large list of videos all with a null original air date, they'll start getting sorted by their title instead, which appears to be what you're seeing.

Submit diagnostics.

Which operation do you want me do do prior to submitting diagnostics?

Nothing, just submit from your server.

Submitted 88500145-4d6b-4670-86b6-bf2dd311ba9f

The video sorting issue has been resolved on the latest TestFlight beta.

As for the items in your chosen Library Collection not show, I'm not sure what's going on there.

Can you check to see if you're getting any JS errors in the web console?

This is verified fixed. Thanks.

This issue appears to be fixed in the latest release. I deleted the section the entered it again and Library Collection is now showing up on the web interface as expected. Thanks!