Philo and DIY

New dvr prerelease build fixes DIY

3 Likes

It's working now!

Thank you!

It didn't fix it for me. I'm on build 2021.08.24.2219 and when I try to rescan the DIY channel it says "403: Not permitted to watch. (access.denied.missingpackage)". Here are my logs: 22b45386-ad6e-4547-a7f2-59091412ad83. Thanks.

Not good for me sent logs ec5444b8-babb-4cc6-bdcf-8445ecd75481 latest pre release as of this morning. Build 2021.08.24.2219

1 Like

I had the same issue as well when I did a rescan in Channels DVR. So I went to the "diy Network" web site, clicked on watch live tab, linked my provider and the successfully linked poped up. I then did a rescan in Channels DVR and the scan took less than a second and it worked. I think their new format will require linking providers first for the other networks when they change them.

1 Like

Tried that and no go but I could login on the web, the app and directly through Philo but not in channels. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me, either.

I also can't login DIY on Spectrum but that was always a hassle with the discovery network channels and that's why I got Philo to solve them.

Hello, just updated to pre-release 2021.08.24.2219 and got the same 403 message. I did get it to work following @kennyb3653 directions by going to https://watch.diynetwork.com/shows and got a prompt to login with your provider. Philo login worked there, then I rescanned manually in Channels DVR, just DIY, and quickly checked marked. DIY watchable again. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that - I had to do the same thing and now DIY works fine via Channels.

1 Like

So now I think that the problem has nothing to do with Channels, but it's an issue between Fios and DIY. Even though DIY is in my Fios package, and I can log in to the DIY network website, and I can even stream the channel directly from Verizon, when I try to actually stream a show from the DIY network website I get an error message stating that the channel is not in my package. Who should I contact about this? Verizon? Thanks!

Mine keeps saying context canceled or no login form found. This is through chrome Android Galaxy S21 I can't do it through my work computer.

Yes.

Discovery Networks has been changing how they authorize TV/OTT providers, first with Science, and now apparently DIY. This means that Verizon needs to update their authentication backend to properly handle Discovery's changes. Until Verizon fixes the issue on their end, there really isn't anything Channels can do about it.

(Of course, the backend change for DIY could also be related to the upcoming Magnolia rebrand. But that really makes no real difference, as the onus is still on Verizon to make sure the authentication works.)

1 Like

Yeah, and I just noticed that it's not only DIY. The same thing happens with HGTV, Food, Cooking, and Travel. I tried reaching Verizon, but their tech is clueless. I contacted Discovery networks and they told me that they would refer the ticket to their TVE team. Maybe those guys will be able to get Verizon to fix things on their end.

I've been trying to get DIY and Science Channel to work but was not having any luck. I have updated to the latest pre-release. I removed Philo as a source and was going to add it back thinking that might do the trick... but now I can't even add Philo as a source. I get a "Context Cancelled" message... or "No Login Form Found" message. I signed in to Philo on a browser and everything works there, but not in Channels. What am I doing wrong?

I am getting the same error messages.

After getting the same messages as you, I was able to get Philo added again. I had to use a browser other than Chrome.

I upgraded to pre-release version 2021.08.24.2219. A rescan of new channels didn't pick up DIY so I had to remove Vidgo (in my case) from my sources, and after it validated logins for all channels, it added DIY back.

I still cannot get DIY and Science to work. What am I doing wrong? Latest pre-release, removed Philo, rescanned, manually rescanned, logged into DIY website and linked Philo... nothing works. Appreciate any help.