PIP on top of program description issue

Might be partially due to my TV size or b/c I’ve only tried this one firestick 4k max, but PIP when enabled covers the program description on the guide. It would be great if the program description could wrap around the PIP.

Something similar also applies when pip is on but you go into settings. It causes the text to run underneath. Might be better if the PIP could move to the upper left or become smaller.

PIP is a function of the firestick operating system so the location of it is not controlled by channels. This is one of many reasons I stopped using the firesticks and started using Walmart's $20 Onn chromecast box. I've tested two different chromecast boxes and each device displays PIP on the lower right, and as a bonus unsubscribed services can be removed from the home screen.

Try this when viewing PIP and the guide long press the home button this will control PIP click on fullscreen then go back to the guide it will be moved... You can also close PIP and Pause by long press home button.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Will give it a shot later.
Firestick remote is a little funky and limited so the center button may not work (I had deleted the default firestick launcher in favor of Wolf Launcher so there’s a little weirdness going on.)

Long Press of the Home button to control PIP and close it even if Channels DVR is closed works great.

I've never been able to long press the home button to move the pip window. I suspect this function may only be available in later versions of android, and or certain flavors of android tv.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t have much luck either with both the Shield Pro and Firestick.
I ended up turning it off.