Player buffering issues

He says he's doing this on an M1 Mac's internal SSD. It's hard to imagine this would cause IO issues.

Interesting. It was something that was recorded during the diagnostics you had sent. I wonder if it was a fluke.

Just to verify something. When you've enabled hardware encoding and hardware deinterlacing, if you play a recording with transcoding, are you seeing it report 3-4x speeds in the DVR UI when you are doing it?

@eric I'm seeing it say '1.01x' or similar ... ie a realtime stream can only be at 1x right. If I play a mkv file etc I see 6x or often much faster, and I get zero stuttering. Just playing a movie right now, transcoding to 1080p 8Mbps @ 7.75x and no stuttering at all. Only 'live' content does this. In fact, I can splin up at least 8 streams from mkv/mp4 sources on devices and browser windows and zero stuttering, but one stream on a live and it's there.

I've tried hardware, blend, and linear deinterlacer and no difference in the stutter

again, if I just hit pause then unpause really fast it's gone. I'm just right up at the edge of the transcoder. Like adding 1 second more buffer, or making the HLS chunks 1 second longer, etc, would fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.