Pluto guide stopped working with Docker :-(

I added the custom docker container to generate the guide data for Pluto. It ran great for 2 days and now the guide data is missing. When I check the settings on my DVR server, you can still manually "Redownload XMLTV" and it goes out and communicates with my docker container and there are no errors but it still doesn't generate guide data and every Pluto channel has "blank" guide data. Nothing there. I've already checked my docker container and it's fine. I've even restarted the docker container. No change. Like I said it was working perfect for 2 days and just stopped without warning or error.

If you go to the URL for the server where Docker is running (in my case I have it on my Channels RaspberryPi so it is http://dvr-server:8080) do you get a page that says "Pluto for Channels" with the version? Also, on the server itself if you run a "docker ps" command do you see a running image of "jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels"?

If all the above is OK, are you positive that the URLs you're using are correct in the source setup?

1 Like

I've got docker running on a VPS server that I pay for. It's running CentOS 7.9.
Yes when you run the "docker ps" command I can see it's running and it's status looks good.
Like I said it updated and showed the guide for the first 2 days. Nothing on the server or the docker image have changed.
When you setup Pluto TV as a source it doesn't even accept your settings unless it's valid.
If a manually run a redownload for the guide via the DVR server settings, the status shows it's retrieved the data. No errors except nothing is really there

What does the EPG look like when you click the link to view the guide data?

Also, look at your Pluto for Channels Docker container log

I can bring up the index.html file via a web browser and I can see the Playlist and EPG links.

Pluto for Channels v1.2.6

Last Updated: Mon Aug 23 01:25:47 UTC 2021

When I click on the EPG link, on there I do have guide data showing when I click on this link outside of my DVR. I verified this is the same link I'm using in the DVR setup except it doesn't see the same data that is there on the EPG.XML file.

If the EPG data is fresh and you haven't changed anything with the setup, I don't know.
Mine refreshes every 3 hours (last one 1.5 hrs ago).
First entry in my EPG is from 1hr, 45 minutes ago

<tv>
	<channel id="watchfree-movie-binge">
			<display-name>WatchFree Movie Binge</display-name>
			<display-name>2</display-name>
			<desc>Your go-to channel for top free movies. New movies added monthly, from edge-of-your-seat action, date night rom-coms, to laugh-out-loud comedies. Binge them all before they’re gone.</desc>
			<icon src="http://images.pluto.tv/channels/5d02dd65a9aa6c5f977bb1e8/colorLogoPNG.png"/>

</channel>
	<programme start="20210823104500 -0700" stop="20210823123000 -0700" channel="watchfree-movie-binge">
			<title lang="en">Alpha Gateway: Alpha Gateway</title>
1 Like

The only way I finally got it to work was to totally remove Pluto TV as a source on my DVR and then re-add it. At least for now it's got guide data again. Again, I just changed NOTHING on the docker side. I simply removed Pluto as the source and re-added it using the same settings it had.

2 Likes