Port forwarding not working

I am having issue with accessing Channels DVR outside also. I have other things setup the same way & they are working.

You will need to expand on how you have things setup and what’s not working.

The DVR server will attempt to open ports for you automatically. If that doesn’t work, you need to configure your router manually to open the port.

Here is what I have. The channels DVR port keeps changing so I have opened up multiple ports.

Channels DVR will always run on port 8089. Where are you seeing the port change?

Can you send me the output from http://10.0.1.3:8089/nat

{“enabled”:true,“error”:"",“host”:“24.54.118.245:8092”,“kind”:“natpmp”}

This means your port forwarding is already working, so you don’t need to add any custom rules on your router. You should delete your custom rules, and then uncheck and recheck the “Remote Access” option on the DVR web UI. It will see that 8089 is now unused and map it on your router automatically.

made those changes & I am still not able to access it outside of my home network

After you re-checked the checkbox, does it show the right ip and port underneath?

yes it does

Hmm strange. What model router is it? You could try rebooting it, or upgrading it to latest firmware if available.

ASUS AC-5300

It has the latest firmware & was just rebooted today

I have other ports for plex & plexpy open that i can get to just fine. I originally could get to Channels DVR but then it stopped working.

It’s possible the router got confused with all the rules and rebooting would fix it.

I can try that but I will have to wait til I don’t have recordings going

it is now working! Thanks for your help!

1 Like