PortFowarding T-Mobile Home Internet

How to port forwarding T-Mobile Wifi Home Internet so I can watch outside of home?

1 Like

The short answer is you can't, as T-Mobile uses CG-NAT, which is incompatible with port forwarding. You can however use a VPN to circumvent this limitation. For more information, here is the thread you are looking for:

2 Likes

Its unlikely you will ever see port forwarding on T-Mobile Home Internet as it is an IPv6 network and port forwarding is for IPv4 networks. What people are calling CGNAT is actually 464XLAT. T-Mobile uses 464XLAT for compatibility with IPv4 only hosts.

In a perfect world,, you would be able to use IPv6 since T-Mobile supplies a global IPv6 address to all the devices on your network. Unfortunately, T-Mobile also blocks unsolicited inbound traffic. In addition, I don't think Channels supports IPv6.

With that said, an outbound VPN that supports inbound port forwarding works nicely.

4 Likes

You can also use cloudflared from Cloudflare to create a tunnel to access the web interface.

2 Likes

Cloud flared will allow me to watch Channels outside of home ?

1 Like

Through the web browser.

1 Like

There are a lot of ways to work around it: CloudFlare Access, OpenVPN Cloud, pormap.io, Windscribe, HomeLab Host, netmaker.org. Personally, I'm using Torguard with pFsense. Tailscale should work also. However, you will likely have to manually add the DVR server.Tailscale doesn't work for me because of how it behaves on Synology.

1 Like

Portmap.io is blocked for me on T-Mobile home internet. I used https://localtonet.com/ briefly while I figured out how to route my VPN through a VPS.

Strange. I actually tested with Portman.io.

Just checked still fails to load. Use a VPN loads fine. DNS resolves just no connection can be made.

Are you saying you are testing the port through telnet or some other method and the port isn't reachable? Or are you saying, the Channels client doesn't work. If you are saying the channels client isn't working, you also have to let Channels support know to set a static entry for the host and port Portman.io gives you. The built in dynamic DNS from Channels won't work. Once this is done Portman.io will work. Or at least it did for me. But, I'd rather keep the builtin dynamic DNS that Channels provides. Thats why I'm using Torguard and route only the DNS update traffic from my Channels sever through Torguard so that the Channels DNS is updated automatically.

The entire domain isn't reachable. SSH, OPENVPN, HTTP, HTTPS. T-Mobile is activity blocking it for me.

I use wireguard and cloudflared to get in when I need.

You mean you are unable to reach Portman.io through OpenVPN from the inside of your network? Or, from the outside, you are unable to reach host and port that Portman.io sets up?

Wireguard to cloudflair is a better setup anyway.

I mean exactly what I wrote.

You might try looking at this...

It appears that IPv6 is indeed 'forwardable' in a sense.

2 Likes

Tailscale is now built in to ChannelsDVR. Just update, select the experimental Tailscale and then connect from HOME on your remote viewing device using the server Tailspin IP address. The viewing device must also must be connected to Tailscale. See this thread.