Possible scheduling bug: Deleting episode while still recording

Not sure if this is a new issue or not: If I watch a recording while it’s still recording, say just a few minutes behind live and I get to the end of the episode, I will delete it. I get the prompt asking if I want to stop the recording and delete it and I say yes. All is good, except the DVR then goes and records the next airing of that episode, acting as though the initial recording didn’t happen or failed. Is this new and/or expected behaviour? I don’t remember this happening before, but I’ve seen it at least twice this week.

Do you have the pass set to re-record deleted episodes via web UI advanced editor?

No, not set to re-record.

Okay. I think if you delete a recording still in progress it must mark that episode as not recorded, so then it tries to record it again.

Not sure what the best solution is… I guess maybe if it has been watched when deleting it should make an exception.

Not a major issue for me. Just weird I’ve never encountered it before and then twice in one week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely not new behavior. I mentioned it in March of 2017 here:
Volunteers to test new DVR build? (while trying to debug a different issue).

In practice, it hasn’t been much of a bother. I had forgotten it even had this behavior.

1 Like