Private Beta for Channels DVR support for iPad

Please no feedback on iPhone. In fact, it wasn’t even supposed to be enabled on iPhone. I’m not sure what happened.

Thanks so much for providing the feedback, but the iPhone views for DVR are a complete mess and we know it. Otherwise we would have totally included it. They’re still being worked on and you should expect working iPhone views shortly.

Until then there’s really no point in feedback. We know how broken it is heh. Thanks!

Playing around with my passes on the iPad just now… when you go in to edit something, it would be nice if when changing how it’s set up (specifically when changing what to keep) it’s hard to read what you’re changing it to. Those options would probably be better as a drop down or something similar that spells it all out, since right now it’s all jumbled together and you can’t really read what you’re changing it to.

Do you mean because the button text is truncated? Or the interaction period.

Mea Culpa…I’m sure that you already have identified these iPhone opportunities for improvements. However, since users were able to load on iPhones, I thought I should point out certain workarounds, useable until release for iPhones.

As so many of us have been eagerly anticipating iOS compatibility, please take our experimentation as a compliment to our dedication to Channels DVR. The development on iPad already appears to be near flawless, hence I didn’t truly consider this as a Beta implementation.

I really appreciated the release notes on the Beta, which defined/outlined limitations and hopefully “more to come”, i.e.; ability to record from guide…etc.

Personally, I’d much rather see a “Beta” (80-90%) implementation “Earlier” than waiting for a “fully” functional release. Of course, this is my personal preference.

Don’t know if this related: I’d rather see a drop down of all choices, as having to cycle through every choice is onerous.

Agreed. Especially on iOS where there are already UI patterns in place to do this.

@maddox yes, because it’s truncated.

Yeah, that’s a known issue. At the least it will be fixed. But most likely we’ll add a picker.

Any chance for an option to enter the server address? If I VPN into my network, recordings don’t show up. However, what is odd, if I switch apps to Safari and then switch back to Channels, Recordings show up. My iPad gets an IP address on a different subnet as my server and Bonjour broadcasts aren’t rebroadcast across subnets.

Thanks!

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this bug on the iPad app… I went to delete a recording, pressed the back button and at first the recording stayed in the “More Episodes” view. Then I went to click on that episode and the app crashed. When the app opened up I checked and indeed it did delete the episode. I sent diagnostics by the way.

Also when you “Delete All recordings” there isn’t a visual cue. The recordings list is still there. But when you back out of it, the show disappears from the list all together which is good.

Ahh, thanks for those reports.

I installed successfully on my old iPad mini 2. When I tried to also install it on my iPad 4 it said the device is not compatible and that it requires 9.3 or later. It’s running 10.3.2. Model # is MD511LL/A. Should it be able to run on the iPad 4?

The app only runs on 64-bit processors. It looks like the iPad (4G) is a 32-bit model.

Thought that might be the case - oh well - I can still test on one device. :slight_smile: Thanks!

As I am a heavy iOS user and Channels (iOS) Beta is sooooo excellent, I treated myself to an iPad Pro 12.9. Wow, It's really fast and a pleasure to be able to finally see more detail and better text rendering.

Anyway, the very thin and lightweight Apple smart keyboard is limited to 5 rows and doesn't have the function and quick keys (skip back/ffd, pause, volume adjustment).

I tried connecting several old different bluetooth remotes without much luck, but was able to test one for those functions and it worked...problem is that it is in daily use with another client device.

So...off to Amazon. Found a B/T, key fob sized, clicker...ordered it and it worked, all except the pause/play (so far). But comskip and volume +/- do work within Channels (iOS).

What a great addition, much easier than having to reach out to the iPad and use the OSD buttons :smile:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V6OFVZI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1