Provider - Xfinity

It seems this may be changing soon.

1 Like

Is this coming to xfinity ?

Seems to be working for me with a rescan.

Guessing it's rolling out in stages.

2 Likes

Looks like the rest of the rest of the Viacom channels are now available. Watching Paramount now.

1 Like

wow, neat. just rescanned-- ive got some new channels! outside philadelphia, pa.

Those Viacom channels are working for me now.

Can someone update this page Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability to show channels 6010-6029 are available with Xfinity.

Is anyone with Xfinity getting NFL or Redzone in Channels?
Although that page shows them, they don't have an Xfinity provider choice on their live feeds.

I thought I updated those pages but it must not have gone through. It should be up to date now.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Still appears that NFL Network and NFL Redzone don't have Xfinity as a provider for their TVE feeds.

My rescan channel attempts always error out with notAuthorized

Just a heads up, seems Xfinity is auto enabling 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) on accounts, with no notice or user consent. Even sub account with view only, no billing access.

I just had my DVR try to start recording a show at 8pm, and at that exact time, my phone started getting bombed with texts from Xfinity "Your Xfinity code is ####..." every few seconds.

Logs in DVR server state: TVE: Cable provider authentication failed

Logged into Xfinity account, and noticed the 2FA setting enabled. Disabled it. Moments later, the DVR tried again and authenticated. Got txt and email from Xfinty stating 2FA "canceled from account".

So, could be a warning that Xfinity is soon to require 2FA and there may not be a way to disable it.

1 Like

If you don't give them a mobile phone number or non Xfinity email, they can't enable 2FA.

1 Like

It's there but hidden and an additional monthly fee. I personally don't feel I should have to pay them twice for a channel that is already included in my TV package but arguing that point with a rep and an email higher up the chain fell on deaf ears.
The rep even tried to convince me it was NFL Network that was charging the extra fee dispite the fact you're redirected to an Xfinity web site to sign up for the additional channel package.

Then it's not a TVE feed that Channels DVR can use.

This More Sports and Entertainment Package | Xfinity is the package and the channels included.

I have NFL in my Xfinity package and can watch it on my TiVo and in Channels DVR with my HDHR Prime tuner as a source.

I cannot get it in Channels DVR through TVE, since the NFL Network TVE streaming site doesn't offer Xfinity as a Provider to choose.

I cannot get TVE NFL Network even though my XFINITY Package includes it ... also can watch it on my primes.

Correct but it is listed as a partner provider if you click on the subscribe link after seeing that Xfinity is not shown as a provider.
Just saying we already pay for it in our package but Xfinity did not want to commit to being a official provide, they would rather try and milk their customer base for additional fees.

That's the case with a lot of Providers.
Just because you subscribe to it doesn't mean that Provider offers it as a TVE feed.
Channels DVR needs the TVE feed.

My whole point was that Fancy Bits should remove them (NFL/Redzone) from this for Xfinity

1 Like

Yeah they should remove it NFL Network is not the same as NFL Red zone.

True, NFL Redzone is at this url for TVE

But the point is I have been using this to see what TVE Channels I can get with Xfinity or other Providers.
So I don't have to go to every network live streaming website to see who supports my Provider w/TVE.

I understand it's probably a hassle to keep it updated, but if they can't, why not just land on a page with all the links to the Networks that say Check Availability and leave it up to the user to figure it out?
At least it would still be a resource where you have a link to them all.
And they could title it Links to Networks supported by Channels DVR TVE or something like that.