Provider - Xfinity

Those have never came in, you can use the stream app with the hdmi check disabled but idk if I want to recommend it anymore since it seems to have broken my tve for a short while.

I just checked my TVE-Xfinity channels individually and they now show up "not in subscription" as well. These are ones that I have just checked out on my Prime, so I can confirm I get the channels. I did something crazy and rescanned all channels and now I do not get any channels to come through. All the ones that did work and I know are in my plan show up as "not in subscription". So, it I'm not sure where the issue is but it is certainly an issue.
Thanks,
Chuck

Same, but I didn't want to post that cause posting about xfinity issues is frowned upon, so I kept rescanning over and over and eventually got them back minus the discovery+ channels.

Xfinity is a PITA. I was annoyed when I came to discover a few of the channels that I wanted don't come on on the HDHR Prime cuz they've moved them over to an IPTV protocol.

TVE came to the rescue for everything except NickJR. Then all the problems occurred. The channels you're struggling with are working for me, even on a couple of manual rescans.

Makes me wonder if Xfinity is having trouble with their auth on the backend for your account? I only consider that based on the fact that the direct website isn't working either. I'd try calling Xfinity and telling them you're unable to access them. See if they can create a ticket for you.

I assume you've gone through the 'change password & reauth rigimore'? I'm parked on DVR version 2021.03.30.0356 and won't move until absolutely necessary because it's working for me.

I was really trying not to do either of those options, but you're right. I have to rule out all possible issues. I'll try the password change, I guess it's not a reset if I'm able to log in? Usually when I need to change the password, I'm denied access and have to use the primary account to do it. Idk if I'll ever call them unless I needed a truck sent out. I could try making another account. Wish we could roll back the dvr version, if that's what you say works the best, I'll take your word for it.

A pw change, followed by removing xfinity tve source, and readding it long pressing the signin button fixed all the channels but cspan2, and cspan3. Those rarely ever work. This will work for a little while then I'll have to do this process again. This is not the first, 2nd or 3rd time I've had to do this, but I'm pretty settled on this is the only way I'll be able to fix any issues.

I just did this same thing but when I try to log in, even when long pressing the sign in button, it comes back and says not in subscription. FYI, when I tried to log onto Xfinity site, it said I needed a PW reset, so that is what I did. I was able to log on their site with the new PW and everything there works via Stream page and I can view the channels in my subscription. Not sure what my issue is now.

Any ideas?

My Xfinity TVE is working fine so far since the last outage on 3/22/21. I’m running on Version 2021.03.30.0356

Here’s what I do if you have to reset password, if you don’t have to reset password go to step 2. This process works for me most of the time.

1. Reset password
  2. Remove Xfinity TVE source
  3. Restart Channels DVR
  4. Add Xfinity TVE source

I just lost another 5 or 6 channels again as well. I don't generally notice it until something I have scheduled to record doesn't show up in my library. Then I check my schedule and see all of the shows that it missed. This is such a moving target that I'm really about to give up.

I realize it's not the devs fault (I blame Xfinity), but I feel like I need to try to pull a stream before each recording just to see if it will work. Defeats the entire purpose of a DVR.

1 Like

I did exactly what @sok posted. Reset the pw, then remove xfinity and put it back in. I honestly wouldn't do anything with stream, I plan to never touch it again, cause every time I do, I have issues. From here on, no signing in from other places, no stream app, no nothing. Channels has sole ownership of that login now. See how it continues to work now.

I am just getting the same issue as a couple weeks ago, Cable provider auth failed.
Using Pi image
server

get same error when i re-scan the individual channel.
have not gotten a pass reset email though yet...

Edit: there it its...the reset email. sigh.

this time i changed it to something different, just in case they keep triggering it cause its an old password, and i used the update password thing in Channels. still won't authorize, see no point in deleting the source and re-adding it, as if it won't auth one channel, it won't work for any of them.
guess i wait 48hrs and see....

will continue my posting in the other thread.

Mind sharing which channels, maybe there's something deeper? I know it wasn't Rick and Morty, that's rock solid, even when the pw isn't...

Seems like Xfinity is have general log in issues. I can't even get to the log in screen when I click sign in on the xfinity.com page. It says oauth.xfinity.com can't be reached and took too long to respond. I tried this on Chrome, Chrome after clearing all Xfinity/Comcast site data, Edge and Chrome on a second computer and all behaved the same way. I guess until they fix the general Xfinity.com log in issues, my TVE-Xfinity log in will never work.
Just wanted to let you know. FYI, I live about 130 miles from Washington, DC in Virginia.

My Channels are all back had to reset password.

I lost the channels in the Discovery Network. Discovery, TLC, DIY, etc. Other channels work fine. It's irritating because there are shows I watch on there, but they aren't a priority for me so as long as I don't lose my other networks it's not a huge big deal for me. I can log in to at least one of those networks from my browser directly and access the live stream though, so I doesn't seem like an issue on their end. But maybe.

The ones I seem to lose the most are MotorTrend, HGTV, and most of the Discovery owned channels. I'm going to pay attention to exactly which the next time it occurs. I have marked maybe 50 channels as favorites, and nothing below 6199 in TVE. But I THINK that what I lose are channels 6100 - 6199. I don't recall losing any from 6000 - 6099.

I only use Xfinity tve for 20channels, that i don't get via Philo, mainly, Nat Geo/Wild, USA, SYFY, Cartoon Network etc.

So Xfinity is having me do a password reset about every 2 weeks now. Is it because of TVE or is because I turned off 2FA? If I update my password and update TVE and then reenable 2FA will that cause problems with TVE?

TVE in Channels is not compatible with 2FA, as it can not answer the 2fa requirement each time is has to authenticate a channel stream when u load one.

ok - that's what I thought but this is going to get pretty annoying if I have to change my password every 2 weeks for ever