Provider - Xfinity

I'd been having issues with Discovery Network channels since day one and I just did a rescan of Xfinity and all of those channels have completely disappeared. About the only one I really watched was HGTV so I just installed the app instead.

I always have trouble with that group of channels. Lately though, I've been more proactive and every few days I change my password, remove and readd Xfinity, rebooting the server in between. Seems to be working out.

No matter what I try I keep getting this when I try to add my Xfinity TVE. I have tried all the steps listed in previous posts.

Anything?

I was able to login to TVE online (ESPN) with no issues.

Not in subscription means its auto-authenticating with a different xfinity account which has no tv package.

1 Like

Try clearing browser cache, cookies, history, and go incognito

1 Like

OK that sounds like a perfect explanation! This is an old Server that was used at my daughter’s place. We cancelled her account for TV so now I’m trying to login using the account I have for my parents.

I did the restore option so it would retain the Locast source since I’m not in that area right now. The weird thing is it brought back ALL the sources (Locast, Spectrum, SlingTV, HDHR) except Xfinity. So when I try to add it again as a source for TVE, I get that error.

I tried going back to an earlier restore point which did bring it back, but then it had the old sign in info, as you mention. I tried deleting it and adding it again (as mentioned as a fix for this), but I keep getting the same error.

Is there some way to manually go into the hard drive on a PC and edit the Xfinity file and/or delete it? If not, is there a way to manually retain the Locast sign in info if I setup a new DVR Server without using restore. I don’t need the old recordings.

I’ll try that, but I did use two different browsers at different times, Safari on a Mac Mini M1 and an iPhone 12Pro.

Maybe I’ll try chrome.

Browser cache, cookies, history or incognito will not affect Xfinity auto-authentication. It is based on your IP address.

You can turn it off by logging into that account and disabling auto authentication. There is a link in the first post on this page, as well as our support documentation.

1 Like

Oh I wasn’t even thinking it was done on the Xfinity site! I was thinking it was internal to the DVR Server. Thanks!

I tried this and the page comes up but without the option to turn off Auto Authentication:

This entire account of my daughter’s is cancelled, both TV and Internet. She’s now using her fiancé’s internet service. Not sure if that is relevant?

Then the button is probably in her fiance's xfinity account?

It was never logged in or authenticated with that account.

That's the point. It's automatically authenticating with the account which is providing internet.

2 Likes

It’s not the same residence. She moved out of here to her fiancé’s house.

But I think you’re onto something. We are sharing Xfinity Wifi with the tenants upstairs, who are my cousin and his family. It’s their new wifi account here at this residence now, so I bet what’s happening is it’s auto logging into THEIR account! Good grief, thanks man!

1 Like

Just to follow up, as always @tmm1 was right. I fixed this issue by creating a hotspot with my phone while using my VPN, connecting the Shield which hosts the DVR Server on it and then trying the sign in for my Xfinity TVE on my phone. It worked flawlessly!

Thanks again for the amazing support Aman and the Channels team! Sorry for being so dense. It didn’t dawn on me that this was the same issue as someone having internet only service, since the account sign on that it was based on wasn’t active at all, for TV nor internet. I should’ve realized when I tried signing onto a network’s website to authenticate a TV app not long before and got a similar message, but like I said, I’m dense! :expressionless: :joy:

1 Like

That worked for me too, but honestly it's far too much effort for just a few shows. There is plenty else to watch with the TV viewing time I have.

Just noticed that I lost access to TLC- a rescan of the channel shows the "no auth token" error. I can log in and watch tv on tlc.com using the same username/password that channels is using. all the other channels seem ok.

i updated channels to 2135 and chromium (via apt) to 90.0.4430.212 -- no difference.

anyone else?

When I lost a channel, I had to delete and reinstall the TVE-Xfinity source.

I removed the source and re-added. all working fine now, including the previously broken TLC!

thanks