Pruning nor re-Scans removing deleted programs from database

Running Channels DVR on macOS (11.6.2), with storage located on an external NAS. I have recently run into some issues with trying to delete some older recordings from the Channels DVR database.

At the beginning of the new year, I decided it was finally time to get rid of a bunch of recordings of shows I'll likely never have the time or desire to actually watch. Since these recordings totaled in the +3TB range, I decided to delete them manually through the NAS versus the overly repetitive task that doing so in the Channels interface would have required. While this worked in order to free up space on the NAS, I am still seeing almost all of the recordings I manually deleted listed in the Channels DVR app. I obviously can no longer actually view the deleted recordings, but the marker to view the recording is still there and cluttering the UI. I have tried multiple times to run the Maintenance > Prune and Scan options, but this seems to have little effect.

Additionally, when I was doing the manual deletion, I noticed a few recordings of programs which should have been deleted ages ago. These recordings were no longer listed in the Channels DVR app, but they were still present on the NAS.

See this thread:

(If I understand your post, this is what I think you're looking for.)

1 Like

BINGO! Thanks, worked like a charm. Glad it was something so simple.